rain

harry and simon see eachother for the first time in months when they bump into eachother running home in the rain

the moment the first cold drop hit harry's forehead he pulled his hood up, holding it close to his face. he knew it was going to rain today, he could just tell from the way the dark clouds sauntered through the sky. but harry being harry didn't actually wear a waterproof coat, just a hoodie and some jogging bottoms.

his trainers slapped against the grey concrete floor as he started to jog, a collection of muddy puddle splashes gathering around his ankles and slowly creeping up his legs. his clothes and shoes were starting to gradually get wet and very soggy, the way they clung to him making him extremely uncomfortable.

he allowed himself to glance up into the sky quickly, to see how hard the rain was falling. as he was doing so he ran directly into a body, who was too running whilst looking up at the sky. he stopped and went to apologise but before he spoke he looked at the other persons face, a lump immediately forming in his throat prohibiting him from speaking.

"sorry." the other boy mumbled out quickly before looking down at the person he had run into. when he did his eyes went wide like saucers with shock. it was harry lewis, standing right there in front of him.

"h-harry? is it... is it really you?" the tall boy asked nervously, he obviously knew the answer but the whole situation felt too surreal.

"uh... yeah..." harry trailed out, he was simply at a loss for words. it had been a hard couple of months without his simon, only, simon wasn't his anymore. they had broken up.

the two boys stared at eachother, no longer caring about the rain or the way their clothes made them feel all gross. in that moment the two boys truly realised how much they had missed eachother. the pair had ended on mutual terms both of them promising that they would remain friends, only neither of them kept their promise.

"i- uh... i..." simon started, yearning to just scoop the boy up into his arms and tell him exactly how he felt about him and exactly how much he missed him. harry wanted something similar too, but instead they stood less than half a meter apart and just stared. the two ignoring the way the rain came down and battered them, harshly striking them repeatedly.

"it... it's been too long, simon." harry finally breathed out. he wanted to pour his heart out to simon but at the same time he hoped the taller boy didn't hear him.

out of instinct simon wiped the hair that had fallen flat and stuck to harry's forehead aside. after he realised what he did he immediately froze, harry smiled slightly, he couldn't help it after feeling simon's touch once again. the way the smaller boy smiled instantly relaxed simon, he couldn't give a toss about the weather, in his opinion harry's smile was brighter than any sun that could ever exist.

harry gently reached up and placed his hand just below simon's collar bone, shuffling forwards and closing the gap. simon's breathe quickly caught in his throat, he was frozen to the spot.

harry stood there wishing that simon would just hurry up and grab him and hold him in his arms, never letting him go. or to just kiss him or to do anything. but harry quickly realised that he wouldn't, he always knew the taller boy was extremely shy, especially when he was nervous. and simon always got nervous around harry.

not really knowing exactly what to do, harry brought his other hand around and lightly wrapped it around the back of simon's neck, reaching up and hesitantly pressing their lips together. an instant warmth spread through the two boys, both of them instantly forgetting the rain.

simon wrapped his arms around harry's waist, pulling him as close as he could to him. his lips were burning with harry's touch, the young boy shooting electricity through simon's body like the first time they kissed.

that's why they had broken up, the spark had gone. whenever they kissed they stopped feeling that weirdly beautiful tingling sensation, the sound of the others voice had stopped giving them butterflies. the two had thought they had fallen out of love, but true love never dies it simply needs a rest sometimes.

"i've fucking missed you." simon mumbled out, his lips still slightly pressed against harry's. harry shook his head a little before opening his mouth to speak.

"shut the fuck up and kiss me simon. we can talk later." he whispered, closing his eyes once again.

simon didn't need to be told twice, and so he deepened the kiss. his tongue battling with harry's, the two boys excited to relearn and explore every inch of each others bodies once again. simon slightly slipped his hands up the back of harry's hoodie, the cold touch almost shocking the boy. simon sensed this and chuckled slightly, not once breaking the kiss.

eventually they had to stop, before things got too far seeing as the two were still stood in the middle of a street. the boys leant their foreheads against eachother, both panting slightly but completely unable to keep the grins off of their faces.

and then, simultaneously they both realised the rain had stopped. the sun was shining strong. and a beautiful rainbow had spread throughout the sky.

"it's a sign." harry whispered, gesturing up to the colours that bled into the sky.

"it sure is angel. now let's get to the house, get you in some dry clothes." simon told him, not once even bothering to look at the rainbow, he couldn't take his eyes off of his haz.

ugh i'm so soft