problems

harry has a whole ton of problems and simon owns a shitty 24 hour cafe

harry trudged into the cafe, plopping down on one of the seats near the far wall. he didn't even know that there were any cafes open this time of night, he just saw it as he was walking.

where exactly he was walking he didn't quite know. he was fed up of all his problems piling up. so he decided to attempt to walk it off, isn't that what everyone says to do?

simon, the owner of the cafe, sat watching the boy from afar. he hadn't seen him before, not in the cafe or around the town. he didn't like the way the small boy just stared at the wall, he looked upset.

for ten minutes the boy had been staring at the wall and during the ten minutes simon had gotten a bit annoyed. granted he was already in a bit of a mood because he hated doing the night shift and he could see that the boy was upset but wasn't he going to order anything?

"uh i don't know if you saw the sign on the window but it says you have to order something if you sit here..." he trailed out, trying his best not to be rude.

the small boy turned around to look at him and instantly started to cry. for some reason the tall boy reminded him of his ex and alongside everything else, harry just couldn't hold his tears back any longer.

"hey no no no... don't cry, please." simon rushed out, practically running over to the boy and placing a hand on his shoulder, he didn't want the boy to cry.

"i... i'm sorry..." the boy mumbled out between sobs. he kept wiping his eyes on the sleeves of his pastel blue sweater, but the more he wiped his eyes the more he cried.

"it's okay, shhh... it's okay." simon whispered, harry wrapped his arms around simon, cuddling into his stomach. but then jumped back when he realised what he did.

"sorry, i- i didn't..." he started but simon cut him off by shaking his head and sliding into the seat next to him and pulling him into a hug. simon held him until he'd stopped crying, gently wiping underneath the boy's eyes afterwards.

"sorry... uh..." harry started before looking at the tall boy's name badge, "...simon."

"it's fine, are you alright?" he asked, concerned about why the boy cried. he was very curious but he didn't want to pry too much into his life, but at the same time he felt that the boy may need someone to be there for him. surely if he had someone, that's where he'd be and not in simon's cafe?

"yeah, i'm good. my name's harry by the way." harry told him, trying his best to give a convincing smile.

"so would you like a drink? on the house?" simon suggested, hoping to give the boy a reason to stay longer.

"uh are you sure?" harry asked, simon nodded in response. "can i just have a can of coke please?"

simon jumped up and went to the fridge to grab harry a drink, he also grabbed himself one before coming back and sitting back down next to harry. he passed the boy the drink, to which he received a thanks, before deciding to ask questions.

"so... harry, if you don't mind me asking, what's up?" simon asked, he genuinely was worried about the boy. he felt a strange need to protect him.

"i don't want to bother you simon." he whispered, he badly wanted someone to talk to but he felt as though he was a burden.

"it wouldn't bother me, everyone has to have someone to talk to." simon insisted, looking down into harry's eyes.

"well, long story short. my life is falling apart and i- i don't know how to fix it." harry mumbled out, feeling stupid now that he'd said it out loud. simon looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"my family hates me. so do my friends... my boyfriend, cal, left me after cheating on me with some boy called lux or something. i'm failing college, like so fucking badly and to top it all off i've been fired from my job." harry rushed out, simon's heart shattering after hearing everything that's going on in his life.

but then, after processing what harry had said, he realised that his friend callum who they called lux said he had hooked up with some other guy called cal not too long ago. simon wrapped an arm around harry's shoulder, pulling him close.

"i cant fix your family problems, unfortunately. but i can be a friend and offer you a job, if you'd like. and maybe try and help you with your college things?" simon suggested, he felt partly responsible for harry being upset because of his own friends actions.

"are you... are you sure?" harry asked, in disbelief. simon smiled down at him, and simply nodded. and that was enough to make harry's heart melt.

and soon after, simon started to love the night shift and the boys had become a lot more than friends.

idek i feel like i can make this into a book... i say this a lot... but i really have lots of ideas for it