Chapter 11 - Different Arrangements

(AN) Hey everyone who is reading, I am sorry to keep you waiting, been having a hectic time completing this chapter because I have had constant interruptions while working on it. Anyway, here it is. Hope it's okay. Comment/Vote welcome.

Vienna, Nadia, Savin Marques, Eliza Kettle, and Moxie are my creation, everything else is the property of JK Rowling, no copyright infringement intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Vienna and Eliza started to go towards the shortcut, but Eliza stopped short, tugging on Vienna’s blazer. She stopped and turned to her friend, an inquiring look on her face. “What’s wrong?” Vienna asked her friend.

            “Well I have to go serve detention with McGonagall still. So I will just see you later, if that’s alright?” she voiced. Vienna smiled and waved, “Alright then, see you later.”

            She hurried through the secret door after whispering the password, lit her wand, and sprinted to the small opening to the set of stairs, turned out her wand and opened the lever. She crept silently, careful to stay concealed in the dark, some of the other students were heading up from supper. When no more were present, she snuck out and flew up the spiral stairs. When she reached the top, she pushed herself to the still open door, but it slammed, the metal beak smashing on her nose. She let out a scream and clamped her nose, “You murderous pile of molten shit! You bloody well knew it was me, and you closed anyway!”

            The eagle screeched in laughter at her, “You’re right, I did know. Smart girl, you were housed correctly after all! I’ve changed my mind about before. I cannot let a moody know it all come in without proper entrance, I decided after you mocked me! So, are you ready then?”

            Vienna scowled menacingly at the knocker, still clutching her bloody nose. She just stood planted where she was, uncertain whether to scream or cry. The eagle clicked its beak at her, “I will just assume your silence is in accordant to agreeing with me: I need a word of letters three.”

            “FEW!” she spat through her muffled mouth, tears gathered at the corners of her eyes threatening to fall. The door flew open, “That wasn’t so bad was it?” With her free hand she signaled the knocker a rude gesture with her finger as she walked by it, its laughter echoing as the door slammed behind her. Vienna sat angrily near Cho who had her Potions book out with quill, inks, and parchment. Cho flinched, watching Vienna fume and curse under her hand. “Um… are you alright?”

            “Yes, I always feel better after a good nose bleed!” she hissed, pulling out her wand; she pointed it where her nose would be and removed her hand quickly shouting, “EPISKEY!” to herself. She felt her nose crunch back into place, the blood ceasing. Students who were quietly studying had stopped to watch the loud commotion, some snickering from behind their books. She gave them threatening glares causing them to stop. She turned to Cho, and spoke through clenched teeth, “I know, my face is full of blood, and the skin is completely swollen. Just look passed it or else I will throw you from the window. Let’s just get through this session. Do… you… understand?”

            Cho nodded quickly at her, and opened her book for Vienna to see. After an hour (Vienna had showed her by summoning different books from the stacks, how to properly list the different uses of the toxic items in helpful ways,) she left the girl to finish her work and went into the lavatory to clean up her face. Her normally soft complexion was being compromised by the swelling the injury left behind. The sensitive area beneath her eyes was puffy and tender. She turned on the taps and let the water fill in her cupped hands and splashed her face, gently scrubbing off the blood. She checked her face again for any traces of the dried liquid. She saw none, and decided she’d had enough for one day and went to bed.