Chapter 28 - Presence of Presents

(A/N) HEY THERE EVERYONE! New chapter, I hope it makes up for the last one. This one is a bit... well, several emotions will be present in this chapter. Anger, Passion, Shock, Sadness and Love. Please enjoy as much as I did writing this one. Love you guys!!! Vote/Comment/Fan XxX

As always: I do not own Harry Potter or related characters, only my own. No copyright infringement intended.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Vienna looked apprehensively over to Severus; he offered a reassuring smile down to her, standing by gentlemanly offering her the seat as he helped remove her cloak and draped it across his arm. He took the one to the left of her, and Lucius sidled up to an empty one opposite them, taking notice of the dress Vienna was wearing.

“Well, well… it seems as though you have inherited an abundance of beauty. That dress compliments you magnificently, child,” Lucius drawled. Vienna felt her cheeks warm, flattening out wrinkles that didn’t exist on her lap.

“Thank you,” she squeaked, turning away to hide her flustered expression. Severus winked at her encouragingly then turned his attention over to Lucius.

“I hope we’re not intruding, Lucius. I wanted to bring Miss Marques over to meet you all properly. It would also give me a chance to apply that anti-gossiping spell on your home that I insist on using. I don’t want anyone spreading illicit rumors about our being seen together, or in the manner in which I express myself toward her and vice versa,” he stated coolly. Lucius chuckled boisterously, waving a dismissive hand.

“Why, Severus, you are much too paranoid. You deserve to have a good time with a lovely woman,” he said, indicating to Vienna with a palm out. “As it were, I already agreed to the foolishness. No one will be able to speak of it outside of my abode, this is correct?” – Severus nodded. – “There you have it. And as far as intruding, don’t be silly. Of course my young cousin is more than welcome here. It’s about time he gets to meet Narcissa and Draco.”

The door to the study opened, a blond woman peeked in and looked around. Her face was pinched, in the sense as if she smelled something awful. Vienna, Severus, and Lucius stood, awaiting her to join them, with a platinum haired boy tailing behind her who shared Lucius’ features and piercing silver eyes.

“Come, Draco,” Narcissa said with slight arrogance. The boy hastened his steps to be by his mother. They both analyzed Vienna speculatively, and feeling the scrutiny paralyzing affects, she gave a nervous smile. Lucius wrapped an arm around his wife’s shoulder and motioned for Draco to stand in front of him, gripping him firmly at the boy’s small shoulder.

“Darling, Draco, I would like to introduce you to my cousin, Vienna Marques, Savin’s daughter.” Lucius held on to the smile that struggling puppet masters longed for. Narcissa’s features softened to a warm, welcoming one. Breaking away from her husband, she walked towards Vienna with open arms, pulling her in for a tight embrace.

“Welcome, Vienna. It’s so good to see you after so many years. And in the company of our Draco’s very own Godfather, no less,” the woman was saying as she rubbed Vienna’s back. In her own shock, it took several long seconds to find the function of her motor skills to return the affection. Narcissa pulled back, gesturing for Draco to come forward, “Come dear, it’s alright. She’s family.”