Chapter 22 - Mermaids, Unicorns, and Slytherins

(A/N): OK OK OK Here is the next chapter, hope it doesn't suck too hard. :) This is going to be dedicated to KathleenOliviaDaley for being the reason I giggle in the middle of the night. If you haven't go read her books. Four-Leaf Clover and Book Two: Shooting Star. That girl is off the hook hilarious and a superb writer.

I own nothing of the HP World, that thanks goes to J.K. Rowling. Vienna  Marques & Fam, Moxie and Eliza are mine. No Copyright Infrengement intended.

------------------------------------------------------------

Vienna left Charms ambling down to the dungeons and went directly to the store room. A note indicated that it was review just like all other classes and the things needed. She quickly collected the boxes and distributed them to the work stations in the potions room; she even made note to collect some of the many jars that lined the walls with their liquid and solid substances. Vienna twitched her nose at one that looked like brains, carefully setting it down on a table nearby. Double checking that everything was in order, she made her way to the corner desk and looked over the turned in essays from the first round of class she taught. Vienna read through a few of them, noting that most received ‘Exceeds Expectations’ and a few received ‘Troll’ with footnotes indicating that a Cornish Pixie had more sense than the dunderhead who was being insulted.

            She felt curious as to who the failed reports belonged to and saw the twins’ as well as Lee Jordan’s name. Vienna read their essays thoroughly and saw that all three had written the exact same things, word for word. Sighing heavily, Vienna decided to check in on Severus to see if he was still alive. Opening the door carefully, she could hear the distinct sound of hasted footsteps striking the stone floors heavily. When she looked in, she saw him pacing like a deranged feral animal, fingers pressed so hard at his temples that his knuckles were white. Vienna made her presents known by clearing her throat delicately. Severus paused, turning to look at her, his eyes ablaze, his mouth a stiff line. He pointed to the door behind her.

            “Those bloody monkeys will be the death of me! Did you see their essays?” Severus demanded savagely. Vienna nodded, treading carefully more into the room. “They wrote the exact bloody same thing! The explanation was perfect aside, but three written exactly identical! They’d had a better chance of marks had they not completed the assignment altogether! And the more insulting thing is that they know their shit! I know you are aware of the things they pilfer students’ money with? So why even bother pretending that the work is enigmatic for them?”

            He halted in his tirade, clamping his fingers to the bridge of his nose, muttering about a migraine. Vienna laid a comforting hand on his shoulder, his tense body relaxing at her touch.

            “Would you like me to teach the class? You can sit here and relax a bit, ease the tension you have perhaps?” His face shifted, considering the suggestion, but then he let his shoulders slump in defeat.

            “As much as the idea sounds enticing, it is review week. It is my responsibility to educate them in the finer arts, no matter how droll they find it,” he spat. Vienna’s gaze softened, reaching up to stroke his cheek, he put his hand over hers, nuzzling into her fingertips. “Come my dear; let us go waste our time on the warped minds.”

            Vienna acquiesced to his request, following him down the narrow hall to the class room. He stormed to the front of the room, waving his wand furtively to the door, it sprang from the jambs. The students entered reluctantly, Vienna watched carefully. When the twins and their friend walked in, she threw them a look with daggers. They all blanched, knowing their faults. Shaking her head disdainfully, Vienna strode passed them back to the desk. She did not even feel bad in the slightest as he took his silent rage out on the boys, docking a total of thirty points from Gryffindor. When the bell rang, she noticed how quick the whole of Gryffindor left the class. Once the room was empty, Severus took claim of her hand and led her back to his private quarters.