Chapter Seven - Way To Be Awkward Emma

Emma's POV

I walked into school with a bright smile on my face, ready to face a day of learning while looking forward to my day with Cole and Nick that was coming up. Then I saw what I didn't expect, Cole sucking some random chick's face off. I don't know why but there's a weird feeling in my stomach like I'm jealous or something which I shouldn't be since me and Cole are just doing some dumb bet. Otherwise he wouldn't be caught dead around someone like me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking to my locker. Great start to the day if I do say so myself.

Cole's POV

I felt eyes on us and my muscles tensed up I'm not sure why though, I was use to being the center of attention. It's because you know who's looking at you twit. After a few minutes more I pulled away from what's her face and watched Emma as she walked away to her locker shaking her head. I walked over to her locker "hey princess" I smiled hoping we were still ok. I don't know why but it bothered me that she saw that just then. She had her head to her locker as she was getting her stuff for the day.

Emma's POV

I don't know why but I felt like holding a grudge to Cole for this morning. Plus it's easy and fun soooo yeah sped up my day a bit.

"Emma psst" Cole whispered to me poking me in the arm. I focused on the notes on the board and what mr teacher face was saying. What? I can't remember teachers names not my fault there are too many. "Come on princess what are you just never going to talk to me again? I didn't even do anything really wrong!" Cole whisper shouted to me. "Emmmmaaaaa pleasssseeee answerrrr meeeee" Cole dragged out in a whisper while poking me. I swatted his hand away and kept jotting down notes. Wait what class am I in again? Well shit...

Cole's POV

I kept trying to get Emma to talk to me. I don't know why it just felt weird with her not talking to me. Hell I've know the girl for no more then three weeks and she's already attached herself to my life like some kind of poisonous jelly fish or something.

Lunch felt like someone had died that's how quiet it was. Emma was talking to Ashton who was sitting to the other side of her.

"Hey Emma what kind of sandwich is that?" I said tapping her shoulder lightly.

Nothing.

"Hey Emma I like that hoodie on you it brings out your eyes" I said moving a little closer.

Zip.

"Hey Emma what class do we have after this?" I ask.

Nada.

"Emma Collins I have a deadly disease and only have 24 hours left to live so you better speak to me!" I exclaimed waving my hands next to her to try to get her attention, which earned me a few strange looks.

Not even a second glance.

I hung my head in defeat, giving up for now.

Star and Max gave each other a glance and then some kind of knowing nod while I glanced like a lost puppy at Emma laughing at something Ashton had said.

After my most depressing lunch ever I started walking to my next class. I don't know why I care so much that Emma's not talking to me it's just annoying because I can get any girl I want. What makes Emma so different? Your mad she isn't talking because you care you fool a voice in my head said to me.

I went up to Emma who was at her locker and put my arms on either side of her so she would have to stay there with me. "Emma why are you so mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong because we didn't say we'd stop seeing other people just because of this bet am I right or am I right?" I asked looking her right in the face. She looked down at her feet then laughed coldly " your right Cole, as always, but maybe I'm angry because I saw nothing but what you truly are, a player. Maybe I'm just disappointed with myself for getting involved with Mr bad boy player Cole because unlike you I still have my whole life ahead and I don't want to mess up my future" she spoke coldly to me. I was speechless at what she said, she took this chance and slammed her locker and pushed past me to her next class.

After school I walked home with Emma trying to get her to talk to me.

"Hey Emma what do we have first tomorrow?" I ask.

No response.

"Hey what time are we going to the park with Nick Saturday?"

Silence.

I followed her into her house since no one was home. "Come-on Collins what's it going to take for you to forgive me princess?"

"Let me see your phone" she said with a blank face.

Emma's POV

I opened up his Facebook app and went on while he stood in front of me staring at the ground.

"Hey guys guess what? I just realized something and it's time to share with the world. #comingoutofthecloset" I posted and tagged me then did the same on Instagram. I handed him his phone still with a straight face. He saw what I did and his eyes practically popped out of his head. I couldn't help it anymore I cracked up laughing because his face was PRICELESS.

He growled a little and pounced at me, I jumped out of the way and he fell flat on his back which got me laughing harder. So hard I fell and ended up on him. We both stopped laughing and looked at each other. "S-sorry" we both said and I stood up. Way to be awkward Emma...

vote + comment = vomment! share with your friends!