Chapter Thirteen - "I need you in my life and you need me in yours"

Emma's POV

So the rest of junior year was boring and hell. Between all the homework and all the whispers and stares around me my grades went down hill a little bit. I decided to give Nathan a chance so a bit after Christmas we started dating. I only wish my New Years kiss was someone else, as much as I hate to admit it...

I missed Cole Stone.

Like hell, and it sucked.

After a couple of months after he left I started to get use to it. I kept his letter and poem and kept the charm bracelet but didn't wear it often.

One day in the middle of July, there was a knock a the door. I went down stairs and looked through the peephole in our door. What the, no, not possible. Outside my door I saw Cole Stone the one and only with flowers in one hand and the other going through his hair. What the heck? I'm dreaming right? He's not really right outside my house? There was another knock and I jumped a little bit. "Emma are you home? I saw your car in the driveway." I heard his all to familiar voice say. God do I open the door or pretend not to be here? If I wait too much longer that's just rude. I bit down on my nail a little bit and that's when I noticed.

The charm bracelet...

God why did I pick TODAY of all days to wear this thing? I ran upstairs quietly and put the bracelet in the box. What if he's just here to pick something up he forgot, and those flowers are for someone else? God I can be so stupid sometimes. I ran back down stairs and caught my breathe then answered the door. He looked like he was getting ready to leave, oops..

"Hey" he said smiling.

"Hi" was all I could reply with. He was looking in my eyes, damn those green eyes. Get a grip Emma for the love of Oreo cookies.

"So did you forget something here?" I ask trying to sound as polite as possible.

For a second his eyes flashed with what looked like could be hurt or regret, "No-I-these are for you" he spoke gently handing the flowers to me. They were blue tulips. I have him a half smile "thank you their beautiful". "I can think of something even more beautiful" he smiled at me. Damn him and his mesmerizing green eyes and that smile of his. Why can't his lips be on mine? Dang it Emma for the love of cocoa puffs stop thinking like that he's the one that left, leave it alone. "Well thanks bye" I started to close the door, "hey wait, what's the rush princess?" he asked looking confused. "Well if you didn't forget anything then I think we're done here" I said doing my best not to make eye contact.

"Hey" Cole whispered, I felt him take a step towards me. It took all that was in me not to take a step back from him. He put a finger on my chin making me look in his eyes "what did I do? Do you like hate me or something?" he sounded kind of hurt. I shook my head "nothing and no, goodbye Cole" I said in barely a whisper. I pushed him back a little or at least tried but he didn't go anywhere. Stupid twig arms. He cupped my cheek "no why should I?" he questioned "I want you in my life Emma". "Why should you stay? You didn't have a problem leaving in December. Now goodbye." I try to push him back again. "What can I do to get you to forgive me? I'll do anything, please." he sounded I don't know the word kind of broken in a way. I looked him dead in the eye and one word left my lips before I went to close the door again, "leave".

"Hey babe what's going on?" Shit I forgot. I turned to face Nathan who wrapped an arm around me and nodded to Cole. "Nothing we were just saying goodbye" I looked up to have my eyes meet Cole. Lets just say he didn't look very happy. "Yeah" Cole nodded, "bye Emma" he barely whispered something as he left.

And that was one of the many days that I had pushed Cole away from me. Multiple times a week he would come by and try talking to me. Sometimes he would bring gifts other times I'd pretend I wasn't home or just pretend not to hear it. One day I was alone with Nick as we were going to the park. I slipped on my shoes and there was a knock at the door. I answered and sure enough there was Cole in all his hot glory, god why does he keep coming over here. "Hey" he smiled at me. "Hi" I spoke quietly. "So what are you doing today?" he asked. I was wearing my 'I love Oreos' t shirt and shorts along with my sneakers. "Going to the park" I answered, that's when Nick came running in "Emmy Emmy Emmy Emmy" he stopped wide eyed seeing Cole then went full speed at him hugging Cole's legs "cocoa!" Nick said sounding extra excited. Cole chuckled and I just looked very happily about my little brother, my gosh he's cute. Nick looked up at me with those big eyes of his and asked "Emmy can cocoa come to the park with us? pleasee". I groaned in my head, curse my baby brother's cuteness. "Sure if he wants to" I spoke in defeat. "Sure sounds fun" Cole smiled at me. It took a minute to detach Nick from Coles legs then we were walking to the park Nick walking in front of us.

We got there and I watched Nick run off and talk to a couple of boys about his age. I thought back to the other day when Nick and I were sitting playing blocks. Yes I play with my little brother don't judge me. He looked at me and said "Emmy why aren't you dating cocoa?". I explained to Nick how I was with Nathan and he scrunched up his nose and said "I don't like him I like cocoa, do you like cocoa Emmy?". And that's when I decided to go to the bathroom leaving Nick to watch TV and play blocks.

"Why do you do it?" Cole asked breaking me out of my thoughts. "Do what?", "date skater boy when you belong with me?" he asked looking in my eyes. I gave him a puzzled look and opened my mouth to question him but he cut me off. "Please don't shut me out like you do everyone else. Don't regret letting me in and letting me see the funny, amazing Emma Collins I like. I don't want to be like everyone else to you Emma, not when you're special to me. Don't push me away anymore Emma please? I need you in my life and you need me in yours as much as you don't want to admit it, deep down you know the truth. You like me not skater boy." he stated with a bit of a smile on his face. "One his name is Nathan and two how the hell do you know how I feel?" I raised an eyebrow. "I know because of this" he said, and with that his lips were on mine. I was frozen but when I came back to earth I moved away and slapped him "you really just did that?" I asked, "you got under my skin and made me do that bet then you made me feel that maybe just maybe you were a decent guy and I started to kind of like you and then you left me a really sweet bracelet and poem as some kind of fricken goodbye, leaving me heart broken. Now that I started picking up the peices of my life and I'm happy with someone else you come back trying to woo me with flowers and other crap and kiss me when I have a boyfriend! Don't fuck with my feelings just because you're not sure of your own Cole."

And then I left and got Nick taking him home leaving without giving Cole a chance to say anything else.

A/N

Hey guys how are you all? Sorry im updating all messed up lately but I feel bad when I miss a day cuz its not finished so please bare with me with the updating lately. Thanks guys.

Vote + Comment = vomment