Chapter twenty six - make ups and goodbyes

Emma's pov

I woke up and opened my eyes, realizing where I was. He had his arm around me and his very comfy hoodie on me as a blanket. We were still under the big tree, I smiled and sighed in content. I looked up at him. His black hair messy but in the sexiest way possible. His face relaxed with his eyes softly closed, not seeming to be worried about a thing. His amazing pink lips curved in a small smile.

"Why are you staring at me", I gulped 'shit' I thought.

His eyes opened revealing his amazing green eyes. His smiled was replaced with his classic bad ass smirk. "Um" was all I could manage to utter out of my stupid mouth.

A chuckle left his lips making his chest vibrate slightly at my side, "its fine princess, good to know you're still checking me out" he teased as I turned a deeper shade of pink.

"Whatever" I mumbled standing up and handing him his hoodie, we made eye contact for a moment before I awkwardly looked away.

"Emma I have a confession" he said, he grabbed my hands gently in his, rubbing his thumb over the top of my hands. "I'm not seeing anyone.." he said looking like he regretted lying.

"Well I wasn't very honest either, neither am I.." I replied.

"You wanna come back to my place and hang out for the day?" he asked looking hopeful.

I chewed the inside of my cheek thinking for a minute.

'Don't do it Emma you'll regret it'

Just when I was about to say no I looked into those eyes of his. Damn those green eyes.

"Sure" as soon as that word left my mouth, his face lit up.

A little later we walked into his apartment. It was cozy not too small not to big. He left the room and came back and gave me one of his hoodies and a pair of sweat pants. "You can take a shower if you want but the bathroom's right there if your just going to change that's cool too" he smiled.

"Okay thank you".

"No problem babe" he kissed my cheek and headed off who knows where to do who knows what.

I laughed a little and went in the bathroom. I showered and washed up, dried off then got dressed. I took my dirty clothes and put them on the edge of the hamper until I left. I went back out and sat criss cross on the couch. He put out on the table in front of me, a stack of movies, two grilled cheese and two cups of soda.

"why did you do this?" I asked.

"You don't like it?" he frowned.

"No no it's great I was just curious" I said reassuring him.

"Oh I could hear your cute tummy grumbling in the car" he said smiling at me.

I blushed a little and took a bite out of the grilled cheese. "Hey Emma do you think we could try dating again?".

"I was going to ask you the same thing, cuz like, I kind of sort of think I still love you and I want us to-what?" I asked noticing the big grin on his face.

"You just said you still love me" he said looking kind of smug.

"I did not" I defended myself.

"Did too".

"Did not".

"Did too".

"Did not".

Then the unexpected happened. His lips were on mine. And the weird part is, I was kissing him back. My stomach went crazy with butterflies. We pulled away but kept our foreheads touching.

"Did too" he whispered smiling at me like an idiot.

"Fine maybe I did"

"What was that?"

"Finee I did say it I admit it"

"Good girl" he pecked my lips.

We finished eating and watched a few movies. Then my phone rang, and little did I know my life was about to change. I got up went over and answered my phone. I then collasped to the ground crying.

My big brother had died that morning.

Cole quickly came over and picked me up, comforting me. He hushed me and stroked my hair, whispering calming things to me.

I went to his hospital room a little while later to say goodbye.

I sat on the chair by his bed where his lifeless body laid. You could see the life drained from him, my eyes welled with tears.

"Hey big bro" I whispered, "I know we would fight sometimes but you were still my big brother and I loved you so much. You may have been a pain at times but you were also there when I needed you. I also guess I should thank you because I'm pretty sure Cole and I are back together. I'm gonna miss you so much, I love you so much, and I am going to make sure Nick always remembers his big brother." I finished kissing his forehead

A while later I was kissing my mom and baby brother goodbye then painfully looking at Cole. "I hate that we have to keep doing this" I said , "good luck to whatever you do while I'm gone Cole".

"Hey ,hey ,hey ," he said grabbing my face in his hands to make me look at him "at least this time were on better terms, I love you baby and ill be right here ready to hold you again when you get back" he finished his mini speech with a peck on the lips.

Cole's pov

"I love you too Cole" she replied smiling lightly.

"You better" I joked poking her in her ribs.

She giggled, god that had to be the most beautiful sound I'd heard that day. I kissed her once more then did my best forced smile possible. She was forcing one I could tell, her beautiful eyes weren't sparking with that happy shine they normally have. She could probably tell mine was forced too. She turned around and boarded the plane. And as soon as I couldn't see the plane anymore I had realized it.

My entire world was sitting on that plane.

A/n

Oh my god hey everyone so sorry it takes me forever to update but some of you may know I'm working on TWO new story ideas and I'm very excited for them I can't wait. I can't even describe my gratitude to all that still read this story I'm sorry I'm so slow but I hope this update was worth it a little. Poor Emma lost her brother while she was home :( and now poor Cole has to wait for his entire world to come back......or does he? >:)

Vote+comment=vomment

Ps I'm debating on keeping the vomment to just this story or put it on my others too, should I keep using vomment for them or come up with something else???