Chapter twenty three - graduation day and family dinner

Emma's pov

Today was graduation day, I couldn't believe it was already here. They called us up one by one, shook our hands and gave us our diplomas. A little while later Cole and I were sitting outside the school.

"Hey you wanna come over for dinner tonight?"

"Sure sounds good Emma, but how's your mom going to react about us being together?"

"Ummmm......"

"Looks like we'll wait and see."

Dinner was NOT going well at all. My mom was yelling about me and Cole being together, Cole was just sitting there looking awkward and I was yelling at my mom.

"MOM I LOVE HIM!"

"HE'S NOTHING BUT TROUBLE YOU DONT NEED SOME BAD BOY IN YOUR IMAGE! YOU'RE GOING OFF TO MEDICAL SCHOOL SOON SO IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!"

"wait what?" Cole spoke up looking confused and...scared which is something I've never seen in Cole before.

"Mom I didn't tell him yet."

"Well I'll leave you kids alone to talk now" she took nick and left.

Cole went outside soon after. I followed him in the down pouring rain. "Cole please let me explain".

He turned and looked at me seeming to have mixed emotions.

"Listen okay, I got the letters from the schools I applied to, I'm going to one in Massachusetts....I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Sorry for what? Leaving when were getting good?" he asked looking hurt.

"Your serious right now? I'm trying to be a doctor!".

"Well I want to be in the army but you don't see me dropping everything and moving to Afghanistan!".

"Cole don't get me wrong I love you, but this is just something I need to do. I tried explaining this to you, you can't be mad at me. And if you are just going to walk away now then fine." I said and started to walk away.

"You're the one that's walking away on us not me!" he yelled to me.

"I didn't walk away on us I'm just leaving you so you can think of the time you're wasting!"

Why is this happening to us, I wondered as I went home to dry off from the rain.

A/n

Aww poor Emma and Cole :( MY BABY'S GOING OFF TO COLLEGE WHAT'S MY OTHER BABY GONNA DO WITHOUT HER???

vote+comment=vomment