14

I pulled on my leggings and threw on a tank top for my morning jog. After jogging for a while I stopped. Someone was talking loud and they were right around the corner.

I peeked my head past the cobblestone and noticed two guys practically yelling at each other. I listened close.

"I never asked you to come back! You've ruined my life enough, why would you think I wanted to see you!" The man sounded too familiar. I finally realized it was Ethan screaming at another man.

"Look, I just needed to make sure you were okay. After everything we've been through, how can you just forget it?" This other man was tall. He towered over Ethan but yet Ethan still looked like the bigger person.

Ethan stroked off and I ducked behind the corner. When I got home, he was chilling on our couch.

"Hey, Eth," I grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Hey, Zo. Want to watch a movie with me?" I was hesitant but I sat next to him. Should I confront him? He leaned over and kissed my cheek but my mind strayed from his intimacy.

"Ethan? While I was on my morning run, I, uh, saw you talking to someone," I drank some water because my throat began to get dry.

"You were there? It was really nothing," he turned back to the tv and became silent.

"It didn't sound like noth-," I mumbled.

"Well it was!" He yelled back. I sat stunned at his response and felt frozen,"Shit, I'm sorry Zoey, I didn't mean-" I rolled my eyes and headed to my room.