16

Ethan snuggled up close to me as we watched Family Fued and I twisted his soft hair between my fingers. He looked up at me and stared into his eyes. We leaned in closer and closer. Suddenly, my mom bursts through the door.

"Ethan, what are you doing?" she pulled the covers off us to see if we were doing anything. We weren't of course (but a little longer and we would have).

"Mom, we weren't doing anything. Ethan was telling me about how important I am since the guy I was crushing on turned out to be a total ass!" I jumped off the bed and pushed my mom out my room.

"I don't ever want to see this door closed again! And if it is, you will no longer have a door or a phone!" She stomped down the stairs and I huffed as a fell back onto my bed.

"I thought they went to lunch," Ethan said apologizing for almost revealing us.

"I guess they came back early," I sighed, "This is good though because we needed a wake up call anyway. We still can't be together even if we both feel the same way. We are brother and sister so no incest," I cringed.

Ethan rubbed his face before nodding along.

"You're right. I just didn't want it to be true. One more kiss for the road?" I laughed and pecked him in the cheek, "Not what I meant but thanks," he said and left my room.

Why does the guy I like have to be my brother?