17

"Yeah, mom, I'm totally doing my homework," I yelled down the stairs. I lied. I was actually binging on Hulu and drinking hot tea.

My mom bust open my door and caught me snuggled under the blankets with my backpack clear across the room untouched.

"Aha! I knew you were lying. If you can easily lie to me about homework, how do I know you told the truth about you and Ethan yesterday?" she crossed her arms and stared me down. She had a point but also had no proof.

"Well, because-" I huffed.

"Because I have a girlfriend," Ethan said coming around the corner chewing on Smarties. My eyes widened and my mom turned around.

"Oh really? What's her name?" my mom interrogated.

"Jo and I really like her."

"What does she look like?"

"Brown hair, short, and has freckles." Ethan spat.

"Can I meet her?" my mom asked a little frustrated Ethan could keep up with her questions.

"Ya, Ethan, I want to meet her too," I laughed while jumping out from under the thick covers. He rolled his eyes.

"Why don't I invite her over for dinner?" He clapped his hands and pulled out his phone, "I'll ask her right now."

My mom went downstairs and I pulled Ethan into my room, "What are you doing? You don't have a girlfriend."

"Yes I do." He acted like it was totally normal.

"What do you mean? Just yesterday we almost kissed."

"Yeah but we both agreed we couldn't be together so I found another girl to hang out with," Ethan popped some Smarties in his mouth and smiled at me.

He has a girlfriend? Unbelievable.