-02-

Her eyes were closed, long eyelashes dipped in dark mascara, her pink plump lips pushed against each other in a thin line, as her head was resting on my lap, my hand gently stroking her long wavy hair as I stare at her small frame in front of me, like a mother would watch her child.

This was the girl who would sleep like an angel, and then wake up to be the stubborn one I know.

At least, that makes two of us.

I eyed the clock that was perched at the center of the dark wall, informing me that it was now past four in the afternoon, an hour and a half since she dozed off.

A sleeper she is, making my back now rigid from the long statue-like act.

I didn't really mind though.

Having her before my eyes was all I could ask for, as cheesy as it may sound.

Eventually, I felt her stir, her eyes now focused on me, as she repositioned herself on the couch, gently rubbing her eyes as a streak of mascara appeared on her knuckles.

I fought back a chuckle.

"Now you're a mess." I smiled, wiping it off with my handkerchief.

"Ah, thank you." She unconsciously said as she looked around, around the room she considered home.

"Now that you've mentioned it, this place doesn't seem to be far."

She looked so innocent while saying that which made me chuckle, ruffling her hair up.

Before she could protest, I spoke.

"Yeah, that's right. How about we tidy things up first? I'll help, don't worry."

I stood up, helping her up as well. She then smiled and nodded like a kid.

"That's my girl."

"I'll be back." With that, she disappeared, probably fetching some cleaning materials and leaving me with all the mess in the living room.

"Let's see..." I put all the things on their proper places, at least the proper places I knew.

Her books were scattered all over the room.

She really was a bookworm.

And to think most of them were in English.

Not understanding a thing, I shoved them all off, stacking them in one corner when something fell.

I looked below, noticing that it was a picture in black and white.

A picture of a guy that was standing proud, smiling as he displayed a thumbs up, a seraphic aura surrounding him that made the picture vivid despite its state.

He was wearing a simple shirt with a pair of jeans and some converses, but it was enough to coat him and make him more attractive.

A charmer he was; an image of a perfect guy with no worries.

I wondered who he was, but decided to put it back when I realized that maybe she was coming back.

When I flipped the book open, something caught my attention.

A flattened rose. A blue rose that had some evident white parts.

A blue-dyed rose.

I snapped back into my senses, struggling to put it back when I heard some steps drawing near.

Turning around, I saw her by the threshold, holding a broom on one hand and wearing an undefined expression.

Her eyes were dilated, her mouth agaped, as she was glued to that one place.

After a few seconds, she rushed towards me, snatching the books forcefully in my hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't m-"

"Please leave."

"But Krystal..."

"Leave. Now." She repeated. Her voice sharp, menacing.

Realizing how pointless it was to reason with her, I did as she said, leaving the room crestfallen and plain hopeless.

I closed the door behind me, not looking back and stopping in my tracks as I was in deep confusion.

Just who was that person in the picture?

And what's with her fondness for roses?

- Finally got the chance to update! Hohoho.

Comments & votes are appreciated. *bows*

AAAAND. Proud Filipina here. Okay lang mag-Tagalog kayo or whutt. XD