-03-

My delicate feet were being caressed by the smooth white sand as I inhaled the fresh breeze, tucking a strand of brown hair behind my ear and smiling to myself as I stare into the sea.

It was calm, the sun claiming its throne below the horizon as I settled on the white sand, taking a handful and playing it in my hands contentedly.

"Same day, same breeze, same ambiance." I whispered to myself as the smile slowly faded, my eyes now pinned to the lighthouse, its ancient features still providing a good quality for shelter.

For me, at least.

It served as a haven, though in truth, it was more of a prison, leaving me trapped in my own misery.

I spread my legs, my hands behind me for support as I look at the sky, its natural glow giving me all the serenity I needed.

I closed my eyes, gently drifting off to my memories.

My memories of a guy with short brown hair, his eyes full of warmth and affection; a great contrast to my usually cold ones.

He would easily smile like there's nothing to be troubled about, constantly scolding me for being so cold, that I was drawn to him.

An existence that constantly haunted me through the years.

The person who caused me pain, the one whom I offered my whole being to.

I've always thought that Sehun would help. That he would be capable of healing my scars. That I would forget that one person I've always held dear, the one who kept me out of my shell only to hold me captive in the darkness.

After all, he was the first and only one who broke the spell.

That very one who was determined to stay despite my constant struggles to be hated.

Sehun was different, he dissolved a part of my heartless being, making me feel uncertain of my own actions, making me foreign to my own self.

He was very different.

"Soojung-ah, don't you think you went a bit too far in bursting your anger at him?" A calm voice emanated from my mind, as I was dragged back to reality.

It took me a few seconds to respond.

"I know..." I suddenly admitted.

"Well, have you ever thought that maybe he'll be the one who'll heal your scars?" She then asked as I stiffened.

Yes, I would like to answer. But something was restraining me.

"Maybe he's your answer." The voice once spoke, leaving me deep in my thoughts.

I remained silent for she had a point.

All is worth a try, after all.

The voice quieted down, abandoning me into the silence.

The waves were purposely consoling me with its rhythm.

The sky was continuing to alter from blue to orange and darkness slowly taking its toll around me.

Silence was there.

And though the waves veiled any other sounds, I felt steps coming towards me.

I sat down, cocking my head to the side as I saw him, approaching me with his typical blank expression, his plump lips as they were, very inviting, that in truth, I just want to take back all the things I said yesterday to press my lips against his.

He was the one who won't talk too much, but would end up seizing my heart with every little thing he does.

My whole world was in slow motion, just him now standing in front of me and me being captivated by his features as I tried to form coherent words.

How I should apologize, or how I would act after I shoved him away.

The sound of the waves were even masked now as his eyes were searching for mine, and me, mirroring his actions.

He smiled.

"Hey, princess." That voice that I missed so dearly ever since I pushed him away was now lingering in my ears.

He squatted, leveling our heads as he brushed the back of his hand down my cheeks, displaying a small smile that made my heart beat crazily.

I timidly looked down, remaining silent.

"I'm sorry, yeah? Forgive me?" He sincerely asked as I turned my gaze back on him.

"Hm, let me think about it." I tilted my head to the side, a hidden smirk on my face, as I motioned towards him, suddenly hugging him.

"Sure. And never call me that again. It triggers my cockiness all the way more." I smiled to myself, happy about the sudden turn of things.

He chuckled. "Then that's great. Princess."