Present- Betrayal

Rick POV

I took my belongings that I came in with and walked out of prison, I had gotten 3 months probation and was assigned a probation officer, I was on my best behavior in that bitch because I needed to see that nigga Mercedes again I was good on the inside because most of my niggas were in there and I spent the time in there plotting against him. I got picked up by my nigga Scorpio dabbing him up and he filled me in on what was going on. I had a plan and could use his help since I had to stay off the radar for awhile to be on my best behavior and not get caught in no mess, I knew word had travelled though that I was out but its best not to be seen right now knowing my name didnt taste good in nobody's mouth right now and didnt know who was after me. I was hungry as hell and told Scorpio to pull up to that diner near by, i was about to walk up to the diner where i saw this fine beautiful girl with curly brown hair in a black bodicon dress and checkered vans twisting a strawn of hair smiling at some dude she was talking to while the sun hit her causing her to have that glow.

Scorpio bumped my shoulder passing me "wipe yuh mouth yo ass b drooling." He said walking backwards and I shrugged

"I'm just watching my future baby mama cheating on me with that dumb looking nigga." I said looking at who she was talking to and stopped in shock.

"Yo scorp amma b in the car" and nodded to mercedes direction and he turned and saw who it was dabbing me up taking my order and went in the diner giving Mercedes a mean mug.

Faith POV

Yesterday marked 5 years after jay died and today I had on the exact outfit I worn the day I came to visit him, I hadnt seen Mercedes for three weeks until he showed today and decided to talk outside because of how rough he looked.

"Think you can just show up to my place of work and expect me to just talk to you like that? You disappeared on me Mercedes and I don't fuck around like that." I said.

"Look I know I fucked up ok but I haven't eaten, haven't slept since being back at your place and all the memories flashed back." He said.

"I know its been hard living in the same place he once lived too and I miss him a lot I understand your pain cedes cause I know what rick did to you and the betrayal you feel." I told him with sympathy and wiped a tear from his eyes.

" thanks Faith, by the way you look fine as hell right now, you gotta stop working in these stuff I'm gonna have too much competition. " he looked at me from head to toe biting his lips and I smiled twirling ma hair.

"Look I gotta get back to work hmu later." I told him and he kissed my cheek and left after mean mugging someone. I walked in and placed on my apron, walking over to the guy I saw Mercedes mean mugged, he had a sun drenched chiseled face perfectly symmetrical with deep brown eyes, permanent pout, a blonde quiff haircut and tattoos on his arms. He was handsome and gave me a small smile which caused me to blush a little.

"Good morning how are you? may I take your order?" I asked.

"Good morning I'm good I'll have a six pancakes, two French vanilla nescafe and two apple pies all of that to go." He said.

"Coming right up,"

"Hey you know my mans Taylor?" He asked me.

"Yeah I knew him from awhile back we just kool peoples now. How you know him?"

"We were friends but that bitch ass got uptight started acting like he don't remember where he came from these streets brought him up." He said with anger in his voice.

"Yea that's true but sometimes certain things happen that makes you not want to remember your roots." I said

"Now that you put it that way, I see why." He smiled and I gave him in return walking away to go get his order.

After work I walked a my usual route, I admired all the houses and saw Mercedes old house it was in darkness as no one lived there, I looked across the street to Rick's house and surprisingly there was light in there, I had forgotten he got probation today i ran across the street and banged on the door as it swung open I saw a little old lady looking back at me,

"Excuse me but I noticed the light and usually no one was here so who are you?" I asked.

"Oh honey I'm Ricardo's mother, Ms.Thompson who are you?"

"I'm faith I live across the street."

"Oh faith Rob's step daughter how is he?"

"He left awhile back haven't seen him since."

"Oh my, I just came back here for a few days to see if everything was still okay , I do it once in awhile. I can't live here after what happened." She said looking down but something tells me that's not the real reason she came here because I've never seen her before so how can it be once in awhile.

"OK have a nice night Ms.Thompson "

"Same to you honey." She said quickly locking the door. I went over to my house and got ready for bed until I heard a sudden knock on my door, it was Mercedes.

"So you do remember where I live." I said and he chuckled.

"May I come in?" He asked giving me the cutest smile.

"Yea sure" he passed me giving me a peck on the cheek I looked up and saw a light upstairs Rick's house and saw a male figure standing at the window watching us until it moved. I quickly locked the door and proceed to Taylor.

"So what brings you here?" I asked.

"Oh nothing you just been on my mind heavy lately."

"Yeah I wonder why" I said as he pulled me in closer to him.

"You're so different its like we connect somehow maybe through jay or maybe the universe but I feel so drawn to you." He said looking in my eyes.

"Speaking of the past, the dude in the diner today says he knew you from back then."

"Oh Scorpio, I knew him through Rick, mayne fuck that Nigga he aint nothing but a paid snitch I hate his bitch ass from I heard he still teaming up with rick after that Nigga tried to kill me." My eyes grew wide.

" so he's Rick's friend?"

"Yeah stay the fuck away from him he ain't nothing but danger, he manipulates people for what he wants. Stay away faith."

I gave him a nod reassuring him I would stay away. We talked and watched movies for the rest of the night. Something about Mercedes didn't sit comfortable with me though and I was gonna find out why.

The next day I saw Scorpio walk in and sat in a booth. I walked up to him and asked for his order.

"You okay? You seem a bit off" I said.

"Look not because we had small talk yesterday means you can talk to me whenever you feel like, do what you're paid to do aight?"

"Don't be rude to me because you're having a bad day, no wonder why Mercedes stays away from your bipolar ass." I said raising my voice

"Yeah fuck off and go serve and keep your damn voice tone down before I shut it down for you" he said through gritted teeth.

"What you can do is get the fuck out." He slammed down on the table getting up and coming close to me giving me a nasty look before walking out. I watched him hop in his vehicle and saw someone in the passenger seat he was looking at Scorpio cussing about what I guess happened here then the person turned looking at me while my eyes grew wide.

Rick?

________________

This was just a filler chapter because next chapter will be epic.

Thanks for the reads so far. Pardon all mistakes.