thirty

third person's pov

"are you sure you want to do this, skye?" ron held skye's arms and looked directly into her eyes. "madaming masasaktan, even your brother—"

"i think this is the right thing to do, kahit na ayaw ko. you'll help me right?" skye asked. "i will, but—"

"there's no turning back for me, ron. this is for the better." skye bowed and little did she know, tears were already falling down from her eyes. ron hugged her to console her even though, it won't make a difference. skye still doesn't feel good. with ron or not, with donny or not.

all she wants is her brother.

she only want her brother to live.

'this may be selfish, but it's for the sake of us all.' skye thought.

-

ron's pov

i don't know if i'm making the right decision but i want to help skye.

i want her to be happy.

even though if it means putting my self into a risk.

i love her. so much.

not as a friend, but as a woman. but the thing is, she loves someone else, i can't do anything about that anymore.

all i can do now for her is to make her happy and do what she wants to happen.

skye's pov

i went in the hospital as soon as my classes ended. pumunta muna ako sa isang convenience store sa first floor para bumili ng food and drinks until tomorrow.

i'll be with kuya overnight.

pumasok na ako sa kwarto kung saan siya nakaconfine and luckily, there's an extra bed. i placed all my things on the floor and checked on kuya.

i sat on the chair beside him and held his hands.

'i know i'm so selfish to think of this, but please stay strong. don't leave me yet. wake up na please?'

tears falled down from my eyes again.

they say, crying is healthy for everyone, i feel so healthy now despite having anorexia at this time, thanks to my sadness and tears.

bumukas bigla yung pinto kaya pinahid ko yung mga luha ko. "skye."

it's donny.

i tried to prevent breaking down, but i failed. as soon as i finished crying, i cried again. donny was shocked so he immediately approached me. "hey, why?"

"wala." i faked a laugh. "tears of joy. kasi andito ka pa rin for me." i lied.

i cried this time not because of kuya.

but because of donny.

he held me and i leaned onto his shoulders. "i will miss you." i whispered into his ears. i hope i made the right decision.

kumalas siya and looked at me with a confused look. "what?" he raised his brows at me.

i laughed at him and said, "sabi ko, namiss kita." he smiled and kissed me in the forehead. "i missed you too, skylar."

"please promise me whatever happens, you'll never leave me..." he suddenly became so serious and held my hands. i never thought i could think this in a serious situation but, boy, my hand keeps having too much skinships nowadays.

"skye?" he snapped his fingers and it came back to reality. "promise me that thing. promise me you won't leave me."

i'm so sorry, donny.

i held his hands tighter and paused for awhile, "hm? but promises are so overrated," i tried to ease up the situation. "i don't want to promise anything, but i'll be sure that it will always be you."

he looked at ease when i said those words, while my heart crushed into pieces when i saw him feel at ease. "i love you, dons. i'll always will."

"i love you, skye." after he said that, the music audio speaker in kuya's room suddenly played hericane by lany.

wow, what a great time to be alive.