thirty-one

skye's pov

i have already fixed everything. passport, visa, and all that stuff.

but, my heart isn't yet.

i feel like i'm gonna regret this decision. but if it's for the good of many, i will sacrifice everything, even my happiness. if it means to sacrifice my happiness for kuya, i will do it.

after all, he's the one who kept me alive.

i texted ron and told him to comeover at my house.

to: ron the ronaldo
psst! comeover here :)

from: ron the ronaldo
why? i don't want to.

to: ron the ronaldo
eeeh, ekey hehe

from: ron the ronaldo
be there in 10! :)

i  went to kuya's room and opened his drawer and saw the letter again. the letter which says 'for mom' on the outside.

i grabbed it and stared at it. my mind keeps on having 'should i open this?' thoughts.

okay, i have made up my mind. i opened the letter and the first thing i saw was the date above the letter.

june 16, 2017.

it was a day before that incident happened.

my tears automatically fell down as i finished reading the letter

i knew it. kuya was just my half-brother. and, mom died?

cloud's pov
– flashback to when cloud was 11 –

"WALANGHIYA!" sinampal ako ni papa dahil natapunan ko ng juice yung sapatos niya. napaiyak nalang ako sa sakit. "tangina mo ka! sana hindi nalang kita naging anak!"

"kriston! anong ginagawa mo sa anak mo?!" hinila ni tita palayo si papa sa akin at niyakap ako. umakyat si papa at napasabunot sa ulo niya. "cloud, are you okay?!" she cupped my face and looked at my cheeks.

tumungo ako. "cloud. call me whenever he do this to you, alright? tita's gonna be here as soon as possible." she then gave me her number and took me outside.

"cloud..." she called me while we were walking. "what if maging mommy mo ko? would you mind?"

i looked at her. i knew what she meant. even though i'm still young, i knew those things i shouldn't have known for my age. "i wouldn't mind at all. but magiging okay po ba? i mean, you have a daughter too."