Chap 1: A new friend

I dropped out of bed with my eyes still half opened. Another boring long day of school. Well at least only 2 more weeks until the vacation would start and I would finally be able to finish my school. I'm currently in the 4th year of my school and am close to finishing.

I am a decent student with decent grades but nothing that really stands out. I have 2 friends I am really close to in school, Larissa and Minhyuk. I have known them since my first year and we always hang out during breaks.

I got up from the floor as I took a quick look at myself in the mirror. Why do I always seem to get up looking like a lion honestly what do I do in my sleep. I looked at the time and saw that it was already 8:00. I'm running late I have to hurry!

I ran down and grabbed a banana from the kitchen as I made my way outside. I started running as I was still fixing my hair. I was too fixed on my hair that I tripped over a bit of the street sticking out and fell on the ground. Ouch! Why do these things always happen to me.

"Are you okay?"

I turned my head and saw a friendly unfamiliar face looking at me. "Y-Yeah I'm fine! I was just being a bit clumsy". He held out his hand and helped me up.

"Did you hurt yourself?" he said as he kneeled down to check my knee. I looked at my knee and saw that it was bleeding. "You seem to be going to the same school since you have the same uniform as me. Come, I will bring you to the nurse's office" he said as he signaled me to jump on the back of his bike. I accepted his offer and jumped on.

We parked his bike and went inside. "Thank you, I can go on my own from here" I said as I didn't want to be a bother to him anymore. "Oh okay, by the way my name is Minho, nice to meet you!" he said as he gave me a small bow. "Nice to meet you too, my name is Tess" I said as I smiled at him and returned the bow. "Thank you for your help" I said before he nodded at me as he smiled. I waved him goodbye before I went off to the nurse's office.

The nurse treated my knee before she let me off to go back to class. I'd have to explain everything to my teacher and hopefully he will understand. I was supposed to have math and my teacher isn't always the easiest with late comers.

I opened the door and stepped inside my classroom. "Look who has decided to join us as well" my teacher said as he gave me an annoyed look. I quickly apologized to him and gave him the note the nurse wrote. He took a quick look at my knee before I went to my seat.

After the bell rang we all got up from our seats and left the classroom. Larissa came running after me and jumped me as she started throwing questions at me. "What happened? Why were you so late and what happened to your knee? Did someone hurt you? I will fight him!".

I laughed as I explained her what happened. After I was done explaining everything she laughed as she shook her head. "You really are clumsy Dae!" she laughed.

We walked down the stairs to the garden to have lunch and met Minhyuk on the way. His eyes widened as he saw my knee. He turned into some complete mom figure as he held me by my arm right away to support me on the side where my leg hurt. "I'm fine don't worry! I can walk just fine" I said as I chuckled over his cute reaction.

"Are you sure? Do you need me to get anything? I will get it!" he said as I shook my head. "Don't worry Minhyuk! She was just being clumsy as usual but she seems fine you know she can handle a lot" Larissa said as she took both our arms and dragged us to the garden.

We sat down and ate our lunch while talking about the past weekend and of course I also had to explain what happened this morning to Minhyuk. "A guy? Which guy?" Minhyuk questions as I mentioned Minho. "Oh yeah he probably saw me fall and brought me to school, his name is Minho".

"Oh Minho? He is in the same class as me. He is actually a new transfer student. Doesn't really have many friends yet" Minhyuk said before he took another bite. "That is so sad! We should invite him to sit with us!" Larissa said as Minhyuk almost choked on his bread. "W-What?" He said as he gasped for air.

"Good idea!" I said as I got up. "I'll see if I can find him" I said before running off. I asked a few students if they had seen him but barely anyone knew who I was even talking about. I guess Minhyuk was right he really isn't that popular.

I went inside and searched through the first floor. He was nowhere to be seen. Let's try the second floor, again nowhere to be found. Time for the third floor, seriously where is he hiding at. I felt frustrated as I wasn't able to find him at all. Wait, maybe he is at the rooftop, students don't go there often since it is a bit windy there and it is pretty high as well.

I walked up the stairs and opened the door. Sure enough there he was sitting on a bench eating on his own. I walked up to him hoping he would notice me but he seemed to be listening to music so he wasn't able to hear me and he was too fixated on the book he was reading.

I decided to just sit down next to him and wait for him to notice me. He turned a page and suddenly snapped out from his trance and noticed me. "Woah! Tess, how long have you been sitting here for?" he said as he grabbed his heart catching his breath from the jump scare.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you! I just felt rude to interrupt you like that so I waited for you to notice me" I apologized as I got up and gave him a 90 degree bow. I suddenly heard him laughing "You really are a strange one, you could have just patted me on the shoulder you know! Anyway, why did you need me? Is your knee okay?".

I nodded as I showed him my knee, "It is totally fine! But I came here to ask you if you would like to come and have lunch with me and my friends" I said as I felt a bit shy asking him like that.

He looked at me surprised as he probably didn't expect that question. His surprised look turned into a bright smile. "I'd love to! I'm quite new here so I don't have many friends yet" he said turning a bit red from embarrassment.

"Really? Awesome! Oh uh not about the friends thing but that you want to eat with us!" I said as I took his arm and pulled him with me. We walked to the garden as I saw Minhyuk and Larissa still sitting there. "Guys I am back! Larissa, this is Minho!" I said as I gave him a soft push.

"N-Nice to meet you!" he said as I could tell he felt nervous.

"Nice to meet you Minho, I am Larissa!" Larissa said as she cheerfully smiled at him. "You already know me" Minhyuk said from behind Larissa still sitting on the bench. He suddenly seemed a bit grumpy for some reason, don't know why he suddenly is like this.

Minho sat down between me and Minhyuk and we asked him a few questions to get to know him better. We actually had quite a lot in common considering we were both really into Harry Potter and Supernatural. Larissa and Minhyuk both didn't really know much about either so I was never really able to talk about those things with them.

'Cough', "I think I am going to the restroom for a bit" Minhyuk said with a low tone before he got up and left. Really what is up with him today he never is this grumpy. We continued talking for a bit until the bell rang again. Minhyuk didn't come back anymore after he left and the break had ended so we had to head back. We waved Minho goodbye before we went off to our next class.

"Minho really is a nice guy Tess! I'm glad you introduced him to us!" Larissa said as we walked up the stairs. I nodded as I smiled brightly at her. "I finally have someone to fangirl with!" I cheered as I threw my hands in the air. "Hey! You have me too!" Larissa said as she pouted at me. "You know what I mean!" I said as I gave her a soft push making us both end up giggling.

We went inside the classroom and followed our class as usual. We had history, although I find history very interesting it is always so much to remember. Larissa loves history it is one of her best subjects as to where I am more interested in different things.

The final bell rang and we all got up from out seats and left the class. Larissa threw her hands in the air and stretched her back. "Ahhh I'm tired of sitting for so long" she complained as she slowly got up.

I laughed at her as we continued walking through the hall. We saw Minhyuk stand in front of his locker as we approached him. He noticed us and closed his locker. "Are you alright? You seem a bit different today" I said as I gave him a worried look.