Chap 3: A Fight

I went inside the girl dressing room as I saw that Larissa was already there. She jumped me as she saw me and started ranting about the prom. I've never seen her so excited about something before. "Do you know who you are going to ask already?" I asked her as she paused for a second. "I think I want to wait for someone to ask me first and if that doesn't happen I will ask someone myself, although I don't know who yet" she responded.

We talked more as we were changing until we were called outside. We had to run a couple of miles first as a warm up so we went first as the boys were doing a muscle warm up. I had to run for a bit and felt my knee stinging a bit. I guess it wasn't completely fine. "Are you okay Tess?" Larissa said as he noticed the expression of pain on my face. "Y-Yeah it just stings a little nothing too bad" I responded as I continued running.

After the run was over we were catching our breath for a bit as we were also drinking some water. The teacher told us that we were going to play some football today. Great just what I needed. We were with 2 classes together today so we split into 4 teams. Two girl teams and 2 boy teams. At least I was together with Larissa so it wasn't as bad but I still wasn't too excited to play.

The first match was going to start which was girls against girls. The boys sat down on the sideline and watched our game. I was chosen to be in the attack since I was one of the faster girls in our class. Of course, that would make me a good attacker and since I wasn't too bad at football I did pretty well.

The game was almost over and we needed one more point to win. I got the ball passed to me and started running for it. Come on one more goal and we win! I started nearing the goal as the midfielders tried to stop me but failed miserably. It was the turn for the defenders. I surpassed 2 but the last one gave me a bit of trouble. She was pretty quick too and was able to keep up with me well and able to block me from shooting a ball. Suddenly a second defender game from my right and tried to slide the ball away from my feet but ended up kicking me against my leg.

I felt my leg slide away from under me as I fell hard on the ground. I heard people come running to me as I heard Larissa her angry voice yelling at the girl. I slowly got up as I suddenly felt an arm support me to get up. It was Minho! I pulled his arm around me as he supported my weakened leg. I saw Minhyuk stand behind him with a defeated look on his face as he looked at us.

"Are you okay??" Minho asked as he pulled his arm around my waist. "My leg hurts" I said as I pointed at my leg. "Let's go to the nurse's office" Minho said but Larissa stopped him. "I'll bring her you should stay here the boys are going to play now anyway" she said as she took my arm from him. He nodded as we walked off.

We walked inside the nurse's office, "You're here again?" she said as she walked up to us. I gave her an awkward smile as I scratched the back of my head as I sat down. I slowly shook her head as she took a look at my leg. "I don't think it is broken or anything. It probably just needs a bit of rest and treatment and it will be fine" she said as she took out something from one of her medical boxes and started spraying something on my leg.

After she was finished we got up and went back to the field where the others were. The boys game must almost be over by now. I suddenly saw one of the girls from my class run up to us. "Tess, Larissa! Minhyuk and Minho got into a fight!" she yelled as me and Larissa looked at each other and made our way to the field as quick as possible.

Once we got there we saw a giant crowd surrounded around something. I saw the teacher come running as well as she squeezed herself through the students. I followed her lead and did the same. Finally, I saw Minhyuk on top of Minho punching his face while Minhyuk seemed to have a bleeding nose and lip as well. I ran to him and grabbed him by the back of his waist. "Minhyuk stop it! What is wrong with you!" I yelled as I pulled him away from Minho.

Minhyuk seemed furious. I have never seen him like this he's always such a sunshine. He seemed to calm down once he saw my face though. "To my office!!" the teacher yelled at them as she pulled both of them with her leaving the class behind. Larissa ran to me as she seemed as shook as me by the whole event.

"Minhyuk, Lee Minhyuk in a fight? Am I dreaming?" Larissa said as she couldn't believe this just happened. Neither could I to be honest. This is so unlike him. And why with Minho? What happened?

I walked to one of the girls and asked her what happened.

"They were just playing soccer and I think Minho overtook the ball from Minhyuk which made him fall. I am pretty sure it was an accident but Minhyuk just snapped at him"

Me and Larissa looked at each other in disbelief as we decided to head inside and wait for them to come out of the teacher's office. We waited outside until we finally saw the door open. Minho came out first with a piece of paper for his nosebleed and a plaster on his right cheek. "Omg are you okay??" Larissa said as she saw him. "Mhm.. I'm fine" he responded. "I'm so sorry for Minhyuk, I don't know why he's suddenly like this" I apologized.

"I think I'd like to eat alone again from now on, I'm sorry" he said before he walked off.

I sighed as I looked down. Why why why did this have to happen. The door opened again as Minhyuk walked out. I walked up to him as he seemed to want to walk past me but I held him by his arm. "What is wrong with you lately?" I said as I held onto him. "It's nothing, okay? I just need to be alone right now" he said as he took his arm back and walked off.

I took a quick look at Larissa as she nodded at me. I nodded back as I ran after him. "Minhyuk! Minhyukkk! Lee Minhyuk!" I yelled as I tried to catch up with his fast walking. "What don't you get about me wanting to be al-" he stopped in his sentence as I grabbed him by the back of his waist and held him against me resting my head against his back.

"I don't know why you are being like this lately but we are friends, I don't want whatever it is to ruin our friendship" I said as I tried to hold back my tears. Minhyuk stayed quiet but didn't move an inch. "We are friends and if something is bothering you, you should tell us! If we don't know we can't help you!" I continued as he still stayed quiet. "Are you listening??".

He suddenly turned around and pulled me in his arms. "I'm sorry for worrying you, I just had a lot on my mind lately and dealt with it in the wrong way, please forgive me" he said as he held on tight to me. My face was buried in his chest but I could feel my cheeks heat up. My stomach started to feel funny as we were standing there. This really isn't the time for my stomach to act up. Minhyuk suddenly let go of me as he quickly took a step back "Oh uh, I'm sorry that probably was inappropriate" he said as he shyly looked down.

I smiled at him as I have him a flick on his forehead. "I'm happy" I said which made him look up surprised at me. "You finally opened up a bit more to me and you turned back to your usual self. I've missed that over the past days". He gave me his usual dorky smile as he scratched the back of his head.

"But please... never fight again okay?"

"I won't, I promise"