Chap 4: The movie night

The next morning, I got up earlier than usual since I didn't want to make Minho wait again and ended up being the one waiting for him. He finally showed up with a few bruises on his face. "Omg, those are from yesterday aren't they, do they hurt a lot? Maybe you should stay home and rest!" I said as I held on to his arm without even noticing.

"Don't worry I am fine! I don't want to miss out of the last few days of school because of something like this. The bruises hurt but I can manage" he said as he gave a pat on the back of his bike. I sat down and we went off to school.

I held on to the back of his jacket as I leaned with my head against his back. "Minho.. are you mad at me?" .... "Why would you say that?". "Because of what you said yesterday".

"I think it might be better if me and Minhyuk just take some distance for a while. You saw what happened yesterday." I stayed quiet as I just nodded which he could feel since my head was still leaning against his back.

We stopped in front of the school gate as I got off. He put his hand on my head as he told me not to worry and do well in school. "Alright mom" I said as I gave him a smirk. He laughed at my comment as he walked off. As soon as I entered the school Larissa came running to me all exited. "Tess, Tess, Tess! I have been asked out for the prom! He is really handsome too! I don't know him very well but I've always noticed him walking though the hall and I never expected him to ask me!" he blurred out without taking a second to breath. "That is awesome! I am so happy for you who is it?" I said as I joined her jumping. "He's called Yoo Kihyun, he has one of the best voices here at school which makes him very popular since he was scouted to be a member of a singing group! Isn't that cool?". I happily agreed as we walked inside our classroom. Larissa was shoving me text papers the whole time with her spazzing about the guy asking her out. She seems really happy he asked her out.

The bell rang and we left the classroom. We walked through the hall and were about to walk down as I suddenly remembered something. I got a text from Minhyuk this morning but I wasn't able to check it until now. I looked at my phone and ready the text.

I won't be coming to school today I'm ill.

Oh no, let me reply to him quickly hope he gets well soon. I showed Larissa the text as she didn't seem surprised. "It was a pretty hefty fight yesterday I am not surprised he got ill from it". I nodded as I suddenly thought of something. "Shall we go sit with Minho then? So he doesn't have to sit alone". Larissa loved my idea and we went upstairs to the rooftop. Of course Minho was already sitting there eating his lunch. We went to stand in from of him as Larissa poked his shoulder. He looked up and took off his headphones when he saw us.

"Tess, Larissa? What are you doing here?"

"We came to eat with you of course!" I said as I sat down next to him and Larissa joined next to me.

"Where is Minhyuk?" he asked as he knew something was off.

"He is ill today" I answered. He nodded quietly as he continued eating his food. It was awkward for a bit but me and Minho quickly found ourselves talking about our fandoms again as we started an endless conversation. Larissa was basically just quietly sitting next to us nodding while eating her food.

"Emm I need to go to the restroom, I'll see you guys" she suddenly said as she got her stuff and got up. I waved at her as I continued my conversation with Minho. "We should watch the movies together sometime! I think that would be so much fun!" I cheered as I softly shook Minho his shoulders. He was as excited as I am and agreed right away with me.

We planned to meet up this weekend to have a movie night together at my place. We talked for a few more min until the bell rang and we had to return to our classes. "Was nice talking with you" Minho said as he smiled at me before he left.

The week went by as Minhyuk was absent for the rest of the week and it was basically just me, Larissa and Minho together for the whole week. I must say me and Minho got pretty close in that week and I even got his number now so I can text him when I am home too.

The weekend had arrived and it was Friday evening and I was waiting for Minho to ring the doorbell. I had prepared popcorn, all the Harry potter movies and lots of pillows and blankets. Maybe it is a bit of the girly way of doing it but I like being comfortable when I have a movie marathon.

Finally the bell rang, I ran to the door and opened it. "Finally you're here!" I cheered as I let Minho in. "Aren't you parents home?" he asked as he walked into the living-room. "No they are on a business trip so I am alone" I said as I sat down on the couch. He did the same as he took off his shoes. I handed him a blanket and took my own as well. "Let's go!" I cheered as I pressed play.

We got through about 4 movies and we realized that it was already 12 o'clock. Wow time really flies by when you're having fun. I looked over at Minho who had gotten a bit quiet during the forth movie but I realized that his eyes were closed. Did he fall asleep? I moved myself a bit closer to him to get a better look of his face. He was sleeping indeed. Do I wake him? Or do I just let him sleep? How about his parents they must be worried by now. I have to wake him.

I softly poked his cheek as he didn't seem to give a reaction. "Minhoo, psst Minhoo" I whispered as I kept poking his cheek. Still no response, dang he really is a deep sleeper. I guess it is time for the hard way. I grabbed his shoulders and started shaking him, "Minhooo! Wake up!" I yelled as I kept shaking him. Instead of waking up he grabbed me by my arms and pulled me closer to him. As I opened my eyes I noticed that I was laying on his chest with his arms wrapped around me. Am I being used as a teddy bear now? I can't believe the situation I am in right now.

"LEE MINHOOOOOO!!!" I yelled as I pinched his belly. He jumped up as he let go of me. "W-What time is it" he stuttered as he rubbed his eyes. "It is already midnight! I tried to wake you for a while but you didn't move an inch!".

He smiled as he scratched the back of his head, "I'm sorry I am quite the deep sleeper".

"Really? I couldn't tell". He gave me a soft push over my sarcastic comment as he got up and stretched his back. "I should head home now" I nodded as I followed him to the door. He put on his shoes and jacket and opened the door. I was about to close the door but he stopped me. "Wait.. uh Tess I was wondering if you wanted to.. go to the prom with me?" he suddenly said as he shyly looked down at his shoes. D-did he just ask me for the prom?? Me?? "I-if you don't want to that is fine. I just figured that I might as well ask in case you had nobody yet". "I-I do! I mean I do want to go with you!" I said as I felt my head turn red. His face lit up as he gave me a bright smile. "Awesome! I will pick you up from your house then next Friday!" I nodded as I waved him goodbye.

I was really asked out for the prom! I can't believe it. I ran upstairs and texted Larissa right away to tell her the big news.

Omg omg omg, Larissa you will never guess what happened!

What what what??? Didn't you have your movie night

With Minho today??

I did! It was great but that is besides the point! He asked

Me if I want to go to the prom with him!

...

OMG REALLY??

OMG OMG OMG

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

How are you going to tell Minhyuk though, you know

He doesn't really like him that much.

Haven't really thought about that yet..

Should I just text him or should I say it face to face?

Although I don't think I can handle seeing his face when I would.

He should be happy for you Dae! Don't worry about it!

I am going to sleep now though good night!