Chap 5: The meetup

She's right he should be happy for me. He knows I have never been asked by a guy before. It has always been just me, Larissa and him. Why do I worry so much about what he thinks! I am just going to tell him tomorrow and if he gets mad at me so be it.

I decided to text him asking if he wants to meet up tomorrow. Then I can tell him about Minho. I mean it is not like we are dating we are just going to the prom together as friends. I don't even understand why he doesn't like Minho. He is so nice and friendly and all he has done for me so far is help me when I need him like why does he hold such a grudge against him.

Oh well I guess I'll just text Minhyuk and see if he can meet up tomorrow. Hopefully he is still awake it is already 1 am after all.

Are you still awake?

Yeah, I couldn't really sleep, why?

I was wondering if you want to meet up tomorrow, or today

You know what I mean.

Yeah sure, why do you ask me at this time though?

Oh, because I was worried about you since you have

Been absent all week I wanted to check on you, are you

Feeling any better? Or would it be better if I just came to

Your house?

I'm feeling much better I was actually planning on coming to

School again on Monday. You wanna meet up in the park

Tomorrow? Around like 1?

Yeah! That is fine see you tomorrow, or today..

Good night Minnie!

I put my phone away and changed into my pyjamas. And layed down in my bed. My thoughts suddenly drifted off to the last time I saw Minhyuk. We never had anything like this happen between us. We never fight like he is always too much of a sunshine to be able to fight anyone. But that day there was something different about him the sparkle in his eyes was gone and there was some other emotion that kept bothering him. When I saw that my body just moved by itself and I knew he needed me as a friend. I didn't expect his reaction though, then again I did. I think he just really needed someone to be there for him. Still I wasn't expecting him to pull me in for a hug like that. We have always been really close and sure we have hugged but that time was different. I was able to hear his heart beat and it gave me a calm feeling but at the same time it made my heartbeat race. I never experienced such a feeling before but it somehow was nice.

I had my usual morning routine before I was going to meet Minhyuk. My stomach felt weird as I felt actually really nervous. Why must he dislike Minho out of all people. I hate this situation so much. I finished my breakfast and headed out. The park wasn't too far away from my house so it would only take about 5 minutes of walking.

As I got there I saw that Minhyuk was already sitting there. I thought I was early but he is already here waiting for me. I walked up to him and greeted him. "Are you feeling alright?" I asked him as I saw that he still was a bit pale. "Don't worry I am fine really! But why did you really want to meet up today?" he suddenly asked. Dammit why must he say that did he know there was something else?? Ugh why must he be so smart sometimes.

"I ehh.." I felt my face turn red as I tried to hide it. "I just wanted to meet with you again.. It has been a while since it was just the two of us to meet up".