Chap 2: A prom?

"I feel fine don't worry!" he said as he gave me an obvious fake smile. I know him for 4 years now I can tell when he is faking something. I guess he doesn't want to talk about it so I will just leave it for now.

"Let's go home!" Larissa said as she wanted to get rid of the silence after his answer. We both nodded and walked out of the school to the front gate. Larissa waved us goodbye before getting into the car. Larissa always goes to school by car while me and Minhyuk always go back together walking. We have done this for 4 years now everyday.

This time it was a bit different though. Minhyuk wasn't as talk active as usual and seemed to be looking everywhere but at me. I felt worry come up in me but I knew he wouldn't tell me what was wrong anyway. "You know.." I started making him look my way. "You know you can tell me anything right?" I said as I pulled his arm making him stop. "I know.. I-", "Hey guys!" we suddenly heard Minho as he came approaching us with his bike.

"Hey Minho!" I said as I waved happily at him. I stopped next to us as he gave us a friendly smile. "Are you guys walking all the way?" he asked as he looked at us. "We always walk all the way from school" Minhyuk replied shortly.

"I see! Hmm, would you maybe want a ride back home? Your knee still seems a bit sensitive so it is better to not overwork it" he said as he looked at my knee who turned a little red. "Oh, I-", "You should go with him he's right" Minhyuk said before I could finish my sentence.

"Well, alright then. Will you be fine Minhyuk?" I asked as he just nodded. I gave him a short smile before I hopped on the back of Minho his bike and slowly saw Minhyuk disappearing in the distance as we biked away.

I held onto Minho his back as he was biking through the streets. "Where do you live actually? I kind of need to know where to go" she shyly said as he slowed down a bit. "Go towards the Miraclestreet that is the street I live in, you know where that is?". "Got it! Hold on tight!" he said as he sped up his paste.

We got to my house as I told him to stop. I got off the bike and fixed my skirt a bit. "Thank you again!" I said as I smiled at him. "No need to thank me! I am happy that I could help.. ehh would you like me to pick you up tomorrow again from here to give you a lift to school?" he shyly said as he looked down at his shoes.

"You really want to do that? I mean sure! If you are really down" I replied. His face brightened up as he lifted his head up. "Awesome! I will see you tomorrow then! Cya!" he said before he went off.

I walked inside and saw that the house was empty. I saw a note laying on the table and grabbed it and read it. Seems like my parents are gone again for yet another business trip.. sigh they are more often gone than that they are actually here. Oh well guess I will have the house for myself for the time being. I warmed up the food that was in the fridge and ate it as I was checking my messages on my phone.

I saw that I had a few missed messages from Larissa so I opened them.

Hey Tess, didn't you think Minhyuk acted a bit strange today?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Would he maybe not like Minho?

Why would he not though? He didn't do anything bad to him

And Minhyuk isn't really the person to dislike someone easily.

You're right. Did he say anything on the way home?

Not really, he was unusual quiet.

I see, oh! By the way I heard that the yearly prom is coming up!

And this year since we are seniors we are allowed to join!

Really? That is awesome! I've always wanted to attend a real prom.

Me too! This is going to be so awesome! We have to go

Look for pretty dresses and of course dates!

Dates??? That is easy said for you but you know I am way

too shy to actually ask someone to be my prom date!

Come on Tess! This is your one and only chance!

We will talk more at school tomorrow I have to leave now.

Sleep well Tess!

You too!

I put my phone down and put my empty plate in the dishwasher and headed upstairs. I dropped myself on the bed and stared at the sealing. A date.. me? I never talk to any guys besides Minhyuk! How am I supposed to get a date.. I swear I am going to end up going alone to the prom.

At least I get to look pretty in a dress for once. I don't ever get the chance for that so at least I will get the chance to look like a princess for one night. One thing to be exited for.

I got up and walked to my desk. Guess it's time to do some homework. I sat down and took out my math books. After a while I felt my eyes slowly closing and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

I woke up the next morning with a sore neck from the position I had been sleeping in. Argh why did I have to fall asleep like this. I looked at the time, thank god it's only 7:30. I got up and took a quick shower before I got changed. I had breakfast and then headed out to find Minho standing in front of the gate. I totally forgot that he was picking me up again! How long has he been waiting??

I ran over to him as he noticed me approaching him. "There you are!" he said with a happy voice as he smiled at me. "I'm sorry! Have you been waiting for long?". He shook his head as he said that he only waited for a little while. I felt relieved as I got on the back of his bike again and we made our way to school.

We arrived at school as I saw Minhyuk just entering the gate as well. "Minhyuk!" I said as I called out for him. He heard me and turned his look to me. His eyes widened for a second when he saw I was on the back of Minho his bike but he waited for us to approach him. "Good morning Minhyuk!" I said as I got off the bike. "Morning" he said as he gave another fake smile. "How is your knee feeling?" he asked as he took a look at it. "It feels totally fine! I can probably just attend physics class today!" I said as I smiled brightly at him.

Maybe he is just worried about my knee that's why he is in such a weird mood. "I'll go park my bike I will see you guys later" Minho said as he waved us goodbye. I took Minhyuk his arm and pulled him along with me towards the school. "We have to hurry or we will be late!"