Chap 8: The prom

Tess POV

It was the day of the prom me and Larissa had met up to get dressed together and of course she had to tell me everything about yesterday. She said she didn't want to do it with texting so I had to wait till now.

After she got in I got straight to the point and asked her, I was dying to know. "He didn't want to say much about it but.. he said that he wasn't too happy with you going with Minho.." is all she said. That was it? "What about the kiss, didn't he say anything about that?". Larissa shook her head as she told me he didn't want to speak about it. "You need to cheer up Dae! You can't let this ruin your night okay? You need to just go out there and enjoy yourself" she said as she got up and took my dress from the closet. "Come on, put it on!" she cheerfully said as she also picked up her dress.

We got dressed and Larissa helped me do my hair as I helped her with hers. We finally got finished just in time as we heard the doorbell. "Be happy okay?" Larissa said before I opened the door. I saw Minho and Kihyun stand in the door opening all dressed up in fancy suits. Both of their jaws dropped when they saw us. "Ahh stop it I will feel embarrassed!" Larissa squealed as she softly hit Kihyun his chest. "You two are so cute together" I joked as I watched them. Both their cheeks turned red as they shyly looked away. "Dae! Why would you say that I already feel embarrassed enough!" she yelled as she gave me a soft push.

I turned my look back at Minho as he showed me a pretty flower wrist band. "Here I got one for you" he said as he put it around my wrist. "it is so pretty!" I said as I took a better look at it. He smiled as he took my arm, "shall we go then?". I looked over as Larissa and Kihyun who had done the same thing and then nodded at him. "Let's go!" I cheered as we got in the beautiful black car who was shining in the moonlight.

We arrived at the prom and had to walk over the red carpet where they would take couple pictures of everyone. Larissa and Kihyun went out first and I watched them be all cute together for the pictures. I haven't had the chance yet to see them together but they suit each other so well.

Me and Minho got the signal to come out so Minho stepped out first and took my hand like a real gentleman. We stopped on the middle of the red carpet and let everyone take pictures of us. I felt like a celebrity or something this was crazy!

After the pictures were taken we went inside as we saw that it was already completely crowded. We heard Fallin play and I saw Larissa and Kihyun already on the dance floor going wild. "You want to drink something?" Minho asked as he came closer to my ear because of the loud music. I nodded at him as he went off to get me something to drink. I looked around the prom and saw many familiar faces from around the school. Everyone was dressed up and looked so nice. My eyes suddenly noticed Minhyuk in the corner of the room watching everyone dance. Should I go to him..? I wanted to take a step but then saw that Minho was approaching me already. He handed out the drink as I accepted it. "Thank you!" I said as I smiled happily at him.

After I finished the drink me and Minho went on the dance floor and started dancing together. Minho was an amazing dancer, I never knew he could dance like that! He told me that he used to take dancing classes and that he had also done shows before. "That is so amazing!" I said as I suddenly heard the music change.

Boiji annneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseuda

Deulliji annneun neol deureuryeo aesseuda

Boiji anteon ge boigo

Deulliji anteon ge deullyeo

Neo nareul tteonan dwiro naegen eopdeon himi saenggyeosseo

I felt Minho take my hand, I looked at him as I saw him smile at me. "Want to dance?" he said as he was still smiling sweetly at me. I nodded as I put my arms around his neck and he put his arms around my waist. The song went on as we slowly danced on the rhythm. I felt how our bodies kept coming closer and closer as our faces did the same. I felt my heartbeat race but it was different as from when I was with Minhyuk. I felt nervous, my heart is rejecting him. But why. He suddenly leaned in an as if it was a reflex I moved back and let go of him. I saw his face turn red and quickly apologized. "I-I'm sorry! But.. I can't do this.. I don't know why but I can't!" I said as our eyes were locked. He sighed and looked down, "you love him too don't you?".

"W-what?"

"Minhyuk, but I see you haven't even realized it yourself yet" he let his head down as he sighed again. "The way you look at him, it is different from how you look to anyone else. Yesterday when you noticed he overheard us you were gone so quick, you wanted to do anything for him to not lose him. If that isn't love I don't know what is" he said as he patted me on my shoulder and walked away.

I-I love Minhyuk? No.. I can't he is my friend! I am such an idiot for rejecting Minho like that what was going on in my mind. Minhyuk was.. I thought about him before I was about to kiss him. Was it because of him that I didn't want to.. because he doesn't want me to kiss him or is it because.. I didn't.. I got flashbacks to our kiss as I touched my lips. I felt my heartbeat race again and the funny feeling in my stomach returned. Is this what love feels like?

I ran to the corner where I saw Minhyuk before but he wasn't there. Would he already have gone home? I went to Larissa and she said that she saw him go outside to the garden a few minutes back. Would he have seen me and Minho?

I went to the garden and looked around. He wasn't at our regular meet up place maybe he was a bit further into the garden. I walked a bit and then suddenly saw white hair shining in the moonlight. I felt my stomach turn again as I walked up to him. Minhyuk noticed me and wanted to walk away but I grabbed him by his arm. "Minhyuk wait.."

I tried to speak more words but nothing would come out he looked at me for a second and then freed his arm and started walking again. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and Minhyuk stopped walking as if he knew that I was crying. I was looking against his back as he didn't seem to move.

"Why are you crying" he said as I saw him ball his fists.

I tried to speak words but nothing would come out of my mouth. Why aren't any words coming out. If I don't speak he will walk away again.

But that didn't happen he turned around and walked back to my to grab my head and pull it in his chest. I could feel his warmth as I slowly placed my arms around his body. "Please don't cry, it hurts me more than you know" he softly whispered. "I don't want you to be sad I promised you to not let anyone hurt you ever.. but I broke the promise.. not only that I am the one that caused you pain.. I am sorry.. for how I have been to you.. and the kiss.."

"Y-you don't understand.. I wanted you to.." I softly said in between my crying. He slowly let go of my head and took a small step back and looked me in the eyes.

"M-Minhyuk.. I love you.."

***

I rolled out of bed having a little celebration for myself that I finally didn't need to go to school anymore for a while. Well I didn't need to for the past month but still I was still happy about it!

I showered and got changed and then rushed outside. I made my way to the streets and arrived at the park. "Guess who" I suddenly heard Minhyuk his voice say as my eyes were covered with his hands. "You really think I wouldn't recognize your voice!" I said as I softly poked his belly with my elbow. I turned around and gave him a soft peck on the mouth. "Were you waiting for long?".

"Not longer as usual" he joked making fun of me always being late. "Ahh you're so mean!", he laughed as he softly stroke my cheek. "You're too cute when you're mad" he said as he placed another kiss on my lips.