03 | Meeting the Parents | Tom Holland

918 words

You and Tom had been dating for 10 months now, soon to be 11.  You both walked into the restaurant that you were going to have dinner in with Tom's family. You hadn't met them before, but heard that Nikki and Dominic were extremely kind. Although Tom telling you that calmed your nerves a little bit, it wasn't enough. Your head started to spin and you quickly grasped on to Tom's arm for support.

"Y/n love, are you ok?"

"No." you reply out of breath all of a sudden. 

"Here let's get you to the table and get you some water." he linked his arm in yours and guided you to a balcony with a beautiful view of London. He sat you down at the end of the table, beckoning a waiter to go get you some water.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't think I can do this." you put your face into your hands. 

"Do what? Meet my parents? Babe I told you they are so nice. And my brother's are amazing, they will mostly pick on me which I will admit is hilarious." He softly kisses you, "Stop worrying, you look so gorgeous, and you are the most angelic thing."

"More angelic than Tessa?" you laugh a little.

"By far, although she will get me for saying that later." he laughs with you while the waiter finally returns with a glass of water.

You drink it slowly while you and Tom wait patiently for his family to show up.

"I'm so sorry, they aren't usually this late."

"It's ok, I needed this time to get over my nerves."

As soon as that was said, you hear a small voice yell from around the other end of the table, "Tom!"

"Hey there Padsters!" the two hug for awhile before Paddy comes running over to you. "Wow she's really pretty." he said with a smile on his face.

"Why thank you Paddy, you look charming yourself this afternoon."

"She's a keeper." he states then walks over the other side to get a seat across from you. "By the way do you have any gum?"

"Yes I do, why?"

"I just want a piece before dinner, can I have some please?"

"Of course." you pull out a strip of gum and hand it to him.

"Thank you," he said while shoving the gum into his mouth.

Next came the two twins, Sam and Harry. The three boys did a pretty long group hug before Harry spotted me.

"Bloody hell Tom, you didn't tell us she fell from heaven!" Harry practically yelled.

You blush, while the twins came over to shake your hand then you gave both of them a hug.

"Harry what did I say about cursing too much around Paddy?"

"Sorry mum, it slipped, but look at how beautiful y/n is!" he apologized while changing the subject.

"Well she does look spectacular, hello darling, nice to meet you I'm Nikki." she said while pulling you into a hug.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs-"

"No, no call me Nikki please." she says with a bright smile.

"And you can call me Dominic," Dominic says while shaking your hand and then embracing you in a hug as well.

After you greeted everyone, you all sat down and started looking at what you wanted to eat. You felt a tap on your shoulder and see Paddy with a piece of paper.

"I'm bored, can you play tic-tac-toe with me?"

"Sure," you grab a pen out of your purse and draw four lines making the layout for the game. He goes first and you continue to play until the waiter comes to take everyone's order.

"Hey y/n, have you ever been skydiving before?" Sam asked from the other end of the table.

"No and I don't ever plan on it." you laugh lightly.

"You should try it, it's amazing."

"Maybe one day when I'm not afraid of heights, which might be awhile."

"So Tom...how did you end up getting a girl as pretty as her?" Harry gives a mischievous grin.

"Well, we met on set during a movie." he started.

"No we know how you met her, but how did you impress her?" he wiggles his eyebrows. 

Tom goes red while you start to laugh. "He took me on the most romantic first date ever." you answer for him.

"Which was?" he pushes for more answers.

"A picnic on the beach watching the sunset. My dream date."

"Well I'm surprised he even talked to you, he acts so awkward around girls at home." Sam gets in on the teasing.

"Alright that's enough you two." Nikki interrupts their fun, "Dinner is here." 

Sure enough two waiters had trays full of food for the whole table. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

After everyone had finished eating you all walked out together. While doing so, you overheard Nikki and Tom talking about you.

"Tom, I watched her with everyone, she is so sweet and beautiful. She has an amazing personality, and she is officially apart of our family. If you break her heart, I will make sure that karma comes back at you, if I don't get to you first."

Tom laughed nervously, "Yeah, I plan on keeping her. For like the rest of my life." 

You blocked out what he was saying and turned a deep red. Hearing them say that made your day and that's all that mattered. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

A/N {Brea}: This wasn't the best but I wanted to give you guys something so here you go :)