Chapter Six

I felt frozen in time. The world seemed to have stopped spinning. I dare not move. My eyes were fixated on the door. My heart thumped as I heard the footsteps get louder by each second. The heavy thuds on the ground made the person seem as if he or whoever it was, running. The steps were swift and heavy, probably a man. The thought struck my mind – Benjamin was back.

I had to hurry. I needed to hurry, before he returned.

I tried to retain a grasp on the shard to cut the last few strands of the rope but my hands felt weak in fear. My hands trembled in fear and I broke out in cold sweat. The glass shard I previously had a firm grip on, was now slipping out of my hands. It fell to the ground. I could feel my whole body stiffen.

I never took my eyes off the door.

A shadow appeared from under the door and I heard someone land his hand hurriedly on the knob. I held my breath, bracing for the worst. What would Benjamin do to me? That lingering thought sent shivers down my spine.

The knob turned and the door burst open, sending a gust of wind towards me. It brushed up the dust on the floor along with it, forcing me to shut my eyes. I gave a huge sneeze and looked up to see a man at the door. Thankfully it wasn’t Benjamin, but who was he?

The man donned a white tee shirt that seemed to have not been washed for ages. It had slight yellowish-brown stains around the chest and his stomach area was stained red. The smell of the crimson blood travelled weakly into my nostrils. I could see droplets of sweat running down the side of his neck, wetting the collar area of his shirt. The smell of his salty sweat filled the room, triggering my taste bud of Benjamin’s sweaty handkerchief in my mouth.

“Help,” I merely whispered.

The man looked around the room and swiftly moved towards me. His hand went to untie, or should I say, rip apart the remaining strands of rope that bound my hands. After, he moved to my feet, where he rapidly undid the knots. I looked at the man; he looked so familiar, yet so foreign to me. Do I know him? I watched him undo the last knot and he stood up to leave, without a single word.

When he was one step away from the door, I spoke.

“Are you Richard Stevens?”

___________________________________________________________________________

Yes and so how is this chappie? :D

Who do you think the random guy is? Who is Richard Stevens? Why is he stained in blood?

Vote, comment and fan!!! xD

This chap is dedicated to Nic for the cover :D

xoxoxo