Epilogue

I stopped by the convenience store on my way to the clinic I set up just a few months back. The sun was up and shining at 9 in the morning, and my throat was parched dry. Carrot juice! I reached out my hand for a bottle, feeling the cool sensation I gave me. I left the refrigerator door open for a little while more, and bending down to feel the chill wind caressing my face. I could feel the droplets of sweat on my neck turn cold.

Heading toward the cashier, I pulled out my purse, holding out a ten dollar note.

“Do you need a bag?” I heard a soft yet deep, mumble.

The cashier had his head down and refused to look up.

“No thanks,” I held my hand up to politely decline, and I took my change.

As I took a step out of the store, I turned back, to see the employee back at work, arranging the packets of potato chips in place. He… His face… And that voice… I let those five words replay in my head. They sounded so familiar. There was that something about that voice… My eye caught a sight of his name tag as he turned. ‘RICHARD’. The seven letters were engraved on the tag, just as how that name was etched in my heart. Those features of his never changed. It was still the same Richard I met again; just that he seemed much weaker and paler.

It was him.

It had been three years. He was jailed for three years. These years, he refused to see me; he refused all my gifts, everything! I felt as if he was cutting contact with me. He wanted to end our relationship. Wait, relationship of what? Friends? Ex-lovers?

Richard – The man who saved me, the man who blocked me out of his life, the man who refused to acknowledge my presence.

He knew it was me. He knew. I looked back into the store to see him stealing a glance at me, but turned away quickly to see that I was looking back. He carried on with his work and I kept my eyes on him.

He did not want me to know. He didn’t. He was going to forget about me. He was never going to talk to me again. He didn’t want me to approach him.

Richard. Me. Richard and I. We were the past. There is no present life for us, and neither will there be a future. A forgotten memory he will be, no longer will I ponder. Strangers to friends to lovers and back to strangers again. Who knew we would end this, just as how we started. Fate allowed our meet, but we were never in each other’s destiny.

If only he was willing to look at me and say ‘hello’. If only I could tell him. If only… But he’ll never know.

___________________________________________________________________________

Okay I kind of like the ending of the ending. Haha xD yeah, the last two paragraphs especially :D

Forgive the horrible start of this chapter xP

So... This marks the end of another story :D

Sequel? Maybe? Haha, depends...

This is the really last chapter, so please vote and comment. I really want to know what you think! ^^

xoxoxo

PS: There'll be an author's note, right after this!

PSS: This epilogue hasn't been edited xP oops.