Chapter 8

"No! No!" I yelled out as the clown's laughing was sounding around me. the veins had wrapped around my neck trying to choke me. I was withering and gagging out not making sense of any of my words.

"S-st-stop." I intend to come out but seemed like a mumble. the veins suddenly stopped getting tighter and had slithered off of me like they were snakes. I gasped and coughed for air and hold my throat as I was still coughing.

The veins disappeared into the darkness and I got up and the clown popped in front of me and I ran out the door. 

I made it in the hallway once again and I stepped upon a girl standing straight in my direction while holding a piece of wrinkled paper that had writing on it and in her other hand she held a lighter. 

she had tears in her eyes and she was sniffling as they poured down her face. she clicked the lighter and she burned the paper and let it fell down to the ground as it burned into flames. 

"Who are you?" I asked the little girl. then I realized, it wasn't a little girl. the girl looked to be in her teenage years. she looked up at me from the flaming paper and wiped her tears and gave a creepy smile. she turned to the window and jumped out and I ran to look out the window. 

And what did I see? Nothing. Nothing at all. all I saw was a light coming from the air and paleness. I looked down and up to see the same thing. 

"Stay away baby. please." I heard my mom's voice. I gasped looking up.

"Mom, is that you?" I asked as I cried.

"You don't know what your putting yourself through. I love you too much for this." She continued saying while her voice was breaking.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I asked her confused. what does she mean saying that she wants me to stay away and she doesn't want to put me through this?

Did she knew this was going to happen to me? What was going on?

"Mom?! Mom?! Please...No!"  I yelled out calling to her as I tried to get her to explain to me what exactly was going on.

"I love you." She said softly as she cried. I cried too as I covered my mouth with both my hands and closed my eyes and started to cry as my face turned red. I went down to my knees and landed my head on the floor.

"Pull yourself together Chris. I need to find the candles." I said to myself wiping off my tears and sniffling as I wiped my face and got back up to my feet.

I turned the corner of the hallway and saw there was a candle floating in the air. It had a note attached to it and I ran towards it as I grabbed it and held it in my pocket. I didn't know what to think but to read the note. 

It said something in another language. "what? I can't read this." I said out loud to myself examining the words wishing that It was in English. 

I sighed and put the note in my other pocket. hopefully, maybe when this is all over I can find out what it means. There were pictures on the walls that showed the clown. I passed by the one that was the most creepiest of them all. 

It seemed like he was in a retired old gray looking circus and he had his eye slit open with blood pouring out and had his finger on his lips referring to shush. 

I looked disgusted and I just ignored it and continued on to find more candles. 4/10 candles. I was no where near close to finding half of them. why could I be 9 right now? it would have been a lot easier. 

I decided to just keep it moving. I was wasting time weeping and crying. I had to snap out of it. 

I checked the doors and passed the hallways and figured out there was one place I didn't check. the garage. there had to be one in the house. even though this wasn't my house. I looked everywhere and finally spotted a basement and next to it led a wooden door. the garage. that had to be it.

I grabbed a flashlight from the basement and light it up to see if it worked. I rushed out and in tot the garage to spot a car and some shelves that contained spray cans, towels, supplies and handy tools. I found a candle on top of the car. as I was about to reach out and grab it a hand came grabbing me. I screamed in horror as another hand popped out and grabbed me. it popped from the car window and on the car surface as others popped out as well. 

"Let go!" I yelled trying to yank my arm free but the hands were too strong. I cried out screaming in pain like the hands were trying to pull my arm off completely. 

Hands popped out from the ground and had grabbed onto my ankle causing me to fall. I looked disgusted as I had only one option for me to get out. I used my teeth to bite one of the hands that was holding on to my hand as it gave out a ghostly moan. I spit as I bit a nearly rusted old hand. 

I then hit on the other hands that were ahold of my body and I managed to get out. I continued spitting on the floor. I was disgusted of what I had just done. 

The clown continued laughing. I looked around me in the ceilings and still seeing the hands coming out trying to grab me as I backed up to the wall that had the supplies in it with the shelf.

"Why?!" I asked yelling out to the clown as he continued laughing. I cried as my face was drowning in my tears. I had closed my eyes as I continued crying. I wanted to give up. this was it. I was about to die. I was never going to see my parents again nor my best friends. I wasn't going to see my family ever again. this was it. 

I knew that I was never going to survive this. I knew that this was too much for me to handle. I was only just 10 years old after all. 

the clown continued laughing and I looked up at him as he was 5 feet away from me of the door exit of the garage. 

"Why?!" I yelled out to him.

"Why are you doing this?! Why on my birthday?!" I yelled asking in fear still crying and whimpering.

"Why? Ha! You really thought this was going to be some easy game didn't ya?" He asked giggling as he walked slowly towards me as he played with his fingers.

"I thought your mother wouldn't pass it on, but, no shock to it really." He said placing his hands behind his back and walking back and forth.

"Pass it on?" I asked with my eyes wide open as the tears were streamed down my cheeks. 

He smiled and gave a light chuckle as he used his the corner of his eye to look at me.

"What does this have to do with my mother?" I asked him as I sniffled from my tears and my breath shaking.