Chapter 10

20 years later...

"Honey! wake up, it's time for the party." Janet yelled busting in the room as I had my face buried in the pillow. I groaned. I got up rubbing my eye as janet crawled on the bed and gave me a kiss good morning on the lips. I smiled and kissed her back. 

"Come on, Frankie and his friends are in the backyard and we don't want them to get bored." She said as I got up from the bed and into the bathroom as I washed my face. I got my clothes on and I rushed outside to find Frankie in the crowd.

"Hey, sugar plumb." I said with wide open arms as she ran through the kids and into my arms. "Can you believe how much she's grown?" I asked janet as I examined frankie. 

"Can you believe that she's 10 years old already?" Janet asked as she gave frankie a kiss on the cheek as she giggled giving janet a kiss back.

"Yeah, 10 years old." I said as I had a flashback of me when I was ready for my birthday and at the end I was prepared for my life. and learning about my mother. she had so many secrets to hide from me and I learned them from a clown. 

I snapped out of it and I had tickled frankie as she giggled laughing and fell lightly on her back.

The kids joined in on the tickling and I stopped as I enjoyed my little girl growing up. I then saw a sign on a food truck saying 'Play with me'. it had balloons floating up top. I gasped as another truck had speedily drive by and it now said 'Try the delivery food truck' with food on the side of the truck's picture. 

"Hey, I got to go to a dinner party with the girls tonight. Do you mind making sure that frankie is in bed by 9:00? she has a field trip she has to go to early in the morning." Janet asked with her hand on my shoulder.

"Sure, have fun. and tell the girls I said 'hey'." I told her as I was friends with some of them that were from her PTA meeting and from college.

"Sure." She said as we kissed. the kids eww as we kissed. 

We both smiled and laughed and enjoyed the party. the day went by fast and it was 8:00 already. me and frankie were watching a comedy movie of Barbie and what not. She played with her Barbie doll as the movie was playing. she yawned and fell asleep by my shoulder. I figure I would get her to bed since she seemed tired since the party. 

I carried frankie upstairs and tucked her in bed as I kissed her forehead. I shut the door quietly and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I heard my phone beeped as janet had texted me. I smiled as I looked at her text saying

'Hey honey, I'll be home in 20.' I texted her back saying 'Ok, Frankie was tired and she fell asleep. I figured I put her to bed even though it's not 9:00.' 

'Good. I'll see you soon. bye, love u.' She replied back with a kiss and heart emoji. I smiled setting down my phone and getting into bed. I yawned as I got covered up from the cold. Frankie's room was right across from mine so I could see the door.

I heard a door open and close from downstairs. I raised my head from my pillow. "Hello?! Janet, you home?!" I yelled out. footsteps had invaded downstairs. I jerked up as a hand had ripped and popped up from the mattress. It grabbed my mouth causing my scream to muffle out. 

"Frankie?!" I yelled realizing that she was alone. another hand popped out and another had pushed me down to lay straight on my back. the veins were slithering around my body as it covered me. I was withering and calling out to frankie.

"No!" I yelled. the clown appeared on my bed as it watched me getting trapped.

He disappeared and the veins had covered my face. my eye was exposed though and I saw Frankie's door opened. the clown hovered over her as he breathed on her face as she was sleeping. 

"Leave her alone! Don't touch her!" I yelled out sounding muffled by the hand and the veins. 

He touched her chin with the tip of his finger and he looked at me with his eyes glowing red. "So, frankie." He said looking back at her.

"Huh? Yes?" She asked looking tired as she rubbed her eyes.

"Shall we begin?" he asked cackling as the veins chocked me and It was blackness. the cackling of the clown was sound full to my death. this isn't happening. this couldn't be...