Chapter 11

When I had gotten back to the palace following dinner, I got redressed into something more comfortable and fixed my hair. I just braided it letting it fall over my shoulder, my bangs had a mind of their own and hung out of the braid framing my face. It annoyed me, but I guess it would have to do. I slipped on some trainers my maids had left in my room in case I ever wanted to dress casually, I had the option to.

I walked out of my room switching off the light and walked down to Harry's room and knocked on the door. I waited patiently bouncing on my toes. No answer. I frowned to myself wondering where he could have gone to instead of his bedroom. There were countless rooms throughout the palace that I don't think I would be able to place a specific area. My best bet was just to go somewhere he would know I would be.

My mind floated to the garden, the little bridge we both sat on following the first dinner we had together. I hadn't visited the garden since that night and I think I would quite like to go out there. If Harry were to go anywhere to find me, I hope he would go to the garden.

As I walked out of the palace, I made sure to tell a guard if Harry was looking for me, I would be in the garden. The garden was pitch black except the pathway was lit with fair lights that were strung on the hedges lighting my way to the little bridge I had sat on prior. When I got to the bridge, I found Harry sitting there in a dark blue fitted t-shirt and shorts as his feet dangled into the water.

"Hey," I said surprising him. He jumped at the intrusion and turned to me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I promise."

"No, I didn't realize it was this late. I'm sorry for not coming to get you," he said as I slipped my trainers off my feet. I sat down next to him and let out a heavy sigh as I kicked the water gently.

"How was your day?" he asked me after a few moments of silence.

"Long," I laughed. "Lovely, but long. I don't think I want to go back to taking photos for a long time. Harry let a laugh escape as he looked at me.

I took the time to look over Harry in the dim light of the moonlight and the fairy lights. I could see black ink on his pale skin over his arms. I realized that this was the first time I had seen his bare arms. More so, I didn't think the crowned prince of all people would have tattoos. I reached over and grabbed his arm. I felt him stiffen, but when I began tracing the rose on his arm, he relaxed. My eyes scanned over the small little tattoos etched into his skin.

"They're all beautiful," I murmured looking at the rose and then at the other little ink photos on his skin. "Pieces of art."

"I've been getting tattoos since I was eighteen.

"Two years?" I asked and he nodded. Harry pulled his arm back to his body as he stood up. 

He reached behind his neck and pulled his shirt over his head. As soon as his shirt was fully removed, I noticed that tattoos had completely covered his chest and ribcage. Two birds were etched onto his upper chest facing each other, a large butterfly on his stomach, and two ivy leaves on his lower abdomen. Normally, I wouldn't particularly agree with tattoos, but for some odd reason, they fit him.

"What's your favorite?" I asked him, my eyes scanning over the small images.

"I'm not completely sure," he said glancing down at his arms. He ran his large hand up to his elbow and then dropped his hands to his side. "I quite like the ship," H stated turning his shoulder towards me so I could see the large ship on his shoulder.

"Why?"

"I travel a lot," he stated bluntly. "Part of being royalty is travelling to other kingdoms to work on treaties and whatnot. It sucks, but it allows me to be able to see other places I normally wouldn't get to see otherwise. The swallows represent travelling as well."