Chapter 20

The following morning, I sat up in my bed. I had gone to my room to sleep as it would have been obvious if I stayed in Harry's room. A smile was placed on my face as I thought about what had happened just last night. There was something about the fact that Harry and me had done something so intimate like that that made my heart flutter. No one else could take that away from each other, we were each other's first and possibly only.

My nerves were going crazy from the fear that someone would figure us out. I knew Waters assumed something might have happened, but he seems to be a trusted friend of Harry's so I doubt he would say anything. I just feared that someone who shouldn't know would find out and disclose it to the King or Queen. I don't know how I would react if I was taken away from the palace.

"Morning Emerald," Trish smiled coming into the bedroom, her daughters trailing behind her. "You wake up on your own?"

"Yes," I nodded as Priscilla walked in the room holding her notebook to her chest. She opened her notebook glancing at her notebook.

"After you get dressed, Prince Harry has breakfast in his room, then you have the typical duties as you normally do," she said and walked out of the room. I let out a soft laugh and looked at Trish. "I did not miss her company."

"No one did," she said with a laugh. "Thank you for last week."

"It's no problem," I smiled. "It's nice to have you back, though."

"Was she a problem? The replacements?"

"Just one maid, and no. I am used to the loudness of you guys," I laughed thinking to the endless banter between the girls. 

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. Doniya was in there fixing me a bath. I stepped into the water and sunk into the warm water. The warmth of a bath would be something I loved, especially since I didn't have to wait as long. No hassle bathing is what I live for. The fact that I can sleep in the bath is also lovely.

"You seem sleepy," Doniya noted. "No sleep?"

"Just got here rather late," I shrugged. "I was with Prince Harry last night."

"He seems to like you quite a bit," she smirked pouring some water over my head. "I've never seen him with a brighter smile on his face than now. It's humbling, really."

"Have you known him since you were little?" I asked.

"Yes, I was always with mum when she was working. We played together in the garden all the time," she laughed. "You don't have to worry about competing with me. Once his father began pulling him away to do his studies, our friendship dwindled."

"That's so sad," I said to her. "Everyone needs friends."

"I basically live here, I don't have friends," she said pointedly. "Your friends are Princess Gemma and my family, we're in the same boat."

"True," I nodded. "I can't believe how much has happened since I got here."

"I know," Doniya nodded. "Hopefully no invasions any time soon."

"Hopefully," I said crossing my fingers. "I hope no one else has to die because of the invaders. My family may have a better life because of it, but it's still no excuse."

"That's exactly how I feel," Doniya smiled. "You done with your bath? The others are most likely waiting and I know for certain Prince Harry will be waiting for you."

I blushed at the thought of Harry sitting in his room waiting for me. Him seated at his usual spot at the table where he would drum his fingers against the table's surface constantly glancing at his watch. Occasionally, he would pace around the room with his arms crossed or his hands stuck in his pocket as he kicked his shiny black boots at the air. That's how I picture him right now, but the thought of this makes me grin.