Chapter 39

I walked back to Harry's room with The Fault in Our Stars tucked under my arm. I changed into some pajamas prior to leaving my bedroom. I was given some fuzzy pajamas from Gemma a few weeks ago and they were the comfiest thing I have ever worn. I honestly wanted to live in these PJ's. They were so warm and I wanted nothing more than to never take them off.

When I entered the room, I saw Harry sitting against his headboard, his legs stuffed under the quilt's warmth. He had donned some black rimmed glasses, his hair done up in a bun of sorts, loose hairs in wisps framing his face. He had a pile of papers sitting on his lap and a pen between his teeth.

"What'cha doing?" I questioned walking over to his bed sitting beside him. 

"Just some work," he grinned looking at the blue book in my hand. "What've you got there?"

"A book," I grinned. "Trish gave it to me. My first book."

Harry smiled at me, his dimples becoming prevalent on his cheeks. He looked back down at his papers continuing to write down notes as he flipped through the large book laying underneath his notebook. I crawled into the bed laying flat on my back and opening the book to the first page. It was weird seeing all of these words with no picture affiliation. I exhausted a sigh looking over to Harry who had his lips pursed and was circling things.

"What exactly is it you are doing?" I asked with a smile. Harry looked down at me, his glasses at the end of his nose.

"I am going over the history of Ula and comparing it with my Dad's reign. Basically, I am looking for similarities and differences to see what worked and what didn't. I've been slowly building this up to write up a proposition for my reign. I don't know, is this stupid?"

"I don't think so," I shook my head folding my hands over the book on my chest. "Is it interesting looking back on your ancestors?"

"A little bit, yeah," he nodded looking at me with a light laugh. "You're avoiding reading that book."

"No," I giggled. "I just haven't seen you work before is all. It's weird."

"Weird?" he asked. "What is so weird about me working?"

"Nothing," I assured him squeezing his knee. "You look fine, promise. I'm just curious about what you're doing."

"It's nice that you are," Harry smiled. "Not many people would be interested in my work. It's something my mum doesn't even associate herself with."

"Well, if I am going to be here with you I should know what you're doing right? I mean I'm helping run the kingdom then aren't I?" I asked taking the book from his lap and sitting up in the bed looking down at the large pages. 

"Yes you are," he nodded with a big smile on his face. "What did I do to deserve you?" he asked kissing the side of my head. I looked up at him with a smile.

"Your Dad gives money to those he thinks needs it. Your great-great grandfather, King Theseus III gave money to all citizens despite their need. He wanted to help out in whatever way he could afford to. He gave as little or as much as he could to help get them started on their projects if it seemed like a plausible one and they would work for the money. The work would be building or performing their request themselves," I said looking up at Harry. "This one's a good one to write down."

"Right," Harry nodded clicking his pen. "You said King Theseus III?"

"I did," I smiled. There was a knock at the door, I clutched the book to my chest as I got off the bed. I rushed to the door and pried it open to see one of the guards standing on the opposite side. "Hello."

"I have a note for Prince Harry," he said handing me a red and gold card. "Thank you, Ms. Price."

"Thank you," I nodded as he walked away. I looked down at the card as I walked into the room. "It doesn't look like a pressing matter," I said waving it around. Harry reached his hand out, I placed the thick paper card in his hand.

"Christmas ball," Harry said looking up at me. "We have this every year," Harry began to explain. 

"Is it similar to your sister's birthday?"

"It is a ball, so in that respect it is like her birthday. However, this one is much more extravagant. Everything has gold and red and blue. I don't know how to explain it, my mum love her Christmas ball," Harry laughed. "I was about ten months old when I attended my first ball. I was dressed in this horrid outfit that looked like Christmas threw up on me."

"It can't have been that bad," I laughed.

"Ask Mum for the photos. They were absolutely horrible," he laughed shaking his head. "I know you're going to look as stunning as you do every day."

"You give me too many compliments," I blushed shaking my head. "But I love you for that."

The thought of an elegant Christmas ball began to get me excited. Like I've said a variety of times before, I have loved Christmas and with the decorations hanging about the palace, this is getting me even more excited. On top of that, my favorite event was probably Gemma's Birthday ball. The gown I got to wear still makes me smile as I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. The photo that was taken of Harry and me in the ballroom still remained one of my favorites.

"You're a Christmas person aren't you?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I blushed. "It's something I will whole heartedly admit to."

"You seem like the Christmas type. Miss day dreamer," he smiled raising his eyebrows and giving me a quick wink.

"I am not the 'Christmas type' as you say," I rolled my eyes. "I am just Emerald."

"Well then Just Emerald," Harry said pulling me towards his face. "I guess I'll have to kiss you for loving Christmas because it's my favorite time of year as well."

I giggled as he lowered his lips onto mine, a cheeky grin on his face. His large hand cupped my cheek as he gently kissed me. He parted the kiss, but let his lips linger over mine for a few brief moments. Each kiss was more intoxicating than the last. It kept reminding me of how much I needed to tell him what I wanted. What I was ready for. For some odd reason, I kept pushing this thought to the back of my mind. I wasn't doubting myself, I just couldn't bring myself to say it without being prompted to.