✧intro✧

The sky was painted with blotchy gray clouds. The ocean waves crashed against the side cliff, eroding the rocks protecting the cliff. A small yet pretty vacation home lie atop the cliff. The home was made of birch wood and was finely decorated with shells, plants, and ocean paintings.

Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook had rented out this cozy vacation home—as well as a boat to cruise in. Settling into their humble abode, the older flips on the television to check the newscast. The weather was going to continue being sunny-cloudy. "Yah, Jungkook, we should check out a boat and cruise in the ocean." Yoongi suggested with his infamous gummy smile. Of course Jungkook couldn't resist riding on a boat but he also couldn't resist refusing Yoongi's offer with that smile. "Let's do that!" Jungkook replied. And the deal was made, they were going to ride that boat and have bouts of fun while doing so!—after unpacking of course. And so, the two kid-like adults quickly unpacked their belongings.

While exploring the house, Jungkook had found something unordinary, but it still piqued his interest. "Hyung, look." Jungkook pointed to a porcelain pot that was home to tiny succulent. The younger's eyes sparkled with curiosity and awe. Yoongi examined the wilted leaves of the succulent. "We should pluck the dead leaves off and water it regularly." Yoongi said with a gentle smile, carefully picking up the pot and placing it on the windowsill.

The two friends had finished unpacking and decided to head out to the ports to check out their small but in-perfect-condition boat. Unfortunately, both adults were not fluent in English. "We want boat." Jungkook managed to speak to the advisor. "You must not be fluent in English, correct?" The advisor tipped his hat slightly. Yoongi replied with a shy nod. And with that, the advisor manages to find a translator to help them with their needs.

After quite a long time, Yoongi and Jungkook were finally cruising in a boat, driven by a captain. The two were required to wear blue lifejackets with horizontal, yellow stripes. Looking dorky, the men broke out into a happy dance and enjoyed the lovely breeze and ocean smell while the captain laughed at their goofiness. It seemed as if this state of euphoria was everlasting. Bright smiles, loud laughter; everything seemed perfectly fine. The waves got more swift and the motor of the boat revved and went faster than before. Yoongi and Jungkook sat down on the seats to avoid being splashed by the salty water and to avoid accidentally falling to their demise that is the ocean. "Wow. This is great. I'm glad we got to do this." Yoongi said as he admired the sight before him, holding Jungkook's hand, tightly. "We should do this more often, hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed with his usual bunny smile. Yoongi hummed in agreement, resting his head on the younger's shoulder. The captain smiled and slowed the boat's speed down a bit.

After cruising for about an hour, the captain tells Yoongi and Jungkook of the time limit. They both understood and the boat headed toward shore. However the waves, were a bit unstable and had risen. Yoongi and Jungkook, unaware of this and were half-asleep, were still holding hands. After 5 minutes, the waters had risen drastically. "This doesn't seem about right..." The captain said aloud. And immediately, the captain turned their head around to see a large, tall wave in the distance. The captain had realized that land was about 30 minutes away. "Shit!" The captain shouted, the sound had woken up the two friends. "What wrong?" Yoongi asked the captain. The captain in a rush, picked up the speed and started out for land. "Hang on!" The captain ordered; Jungkook and Yoongi did just that. The boat quickly accelerated. They were being chased by a massive wave that could kill them. And so, the race was on. This was a matter of life or death, and the outcome all depended on the captain's decisions. Jungkook and Yoongi clung to the railing for dear life as the boat zipped through the water. The decision was rash and risky but the captain had hope that they'll be able to make to shore. However the wave got closer and closer. Who knows how fast they were going, but we all know is that they're on the verge on getting dominated by the great wave.

But then, everything started slowing down. Jungkook opened his eyes to see that time had froze and Yoongi had still been clinging onto him. Jungkook looked at the captain. The captain's expression looked terrified and worried. But behind the boat, was a massive tsunami. How could this had happened? Tsunamis are rare in Florida. Jungkook's stomach churned. "Am I dead?" He asked himself. Then, in a flash, time resumed and the wave completely swallowed up the boat. The lifejackets that the boys had worn, were no longer on their bodies. What exactly is happening? How is this possible? Yoongi's grip on Jungkook was cut and the two were separated. Jungkook, holding his breathe, reached out for his hyung but then blacked out.

Everything was silent. Jungkook heard a faint voice that called out for him, "Jungkook!"

"Yoongi-hyung?!" Jungkook tried to reply.

Splash. The boy gasped furiously for air; wiping his face, he spit out the salty seawater. Jungkook sat up, rubbing his eyes. He promptly opened them to find a strange figure in front of him. Jungkook blinked multiple times to make sure he was not dreaming. "This...This has got to be a dream." He said out loud. Before him, was a mermaid—or should I say, merman. A beautiful merman with electric orange hair with a sparkly, blue-green tail. "Jungkook...?" The Siren spoke, it's voice so enticing and captivating.

A/N:
Hello! I've just wanted to thank Joelybean for working on this story with me! It's funny because this idea was purely out of the blue. Anyways, I hope the story is well so far; new chapters will be out soon. I'm trying to work hard to ensure that each chapter is interstellar—and leaves on a cliffhanger, hehe. Thank you!