XIII

"Excuse me!"
The call made Jimin quickly turn around. He saw the same guard from yesterday - this time, holding a spear and a shell book. "Hello, Mr. Jimin. Now where are you going?" The man grabbed a pen from his shark-skin side-bag and opened the book to record Jimin's answer. "I'll be heading off to the schools - just to check if any of those human kiddies meddled with the offering for this week's festival." The man simply nodded and let Jimin off the loose. The orange-haired boy proceeded to go onto land and carefully walked to the school - making sure he doesn't trip or grab anyone's attention.

He slipped inside and went to the main office - informing the staff that he was a visitor, going to check up on the wooden toys and doll. The staff member gave him a little apple visitor sticker - Jimin smiles, sticking the sticker onto his vertical, thin, blue and white striped short-sleeved button up. His  black loafers clicked against the tiled-floor, making an annoying sound bouncing against the walls of the empty hallway.

Although, there were drawings and posters posted about the school, showing all the students' creativity. Psh, I thought humans didn't accept creativity in school. Jimin entered the wood-shop classroom and saw the place in terrible condition - the wooden doll ruined with scribbles of neon colors. "Aish! What the hell?" He yelled, but not too loud so that no one could hear him from outside the room. The orange-haired man sighed and slid his sunglasses to rest on his head. In the corner of his eye, he saw the curtain twitch and heard faint breathing from behind the boxes of materials.

"Just come out. You're not in trouble." Jimin spoke softly, walking closer to the boxes by the window. He knows they're there. Two little 6th graders, trying to hold their breath, praying that they won't get a phone call home to their parents. One of the girls ended up retreating, coming out from behind the thick, window drapes. She had long black hair tied into buns on the sides of her head - a big frown on her face. "I'm sorry, I was just trying to make her look prettier..." She held out a paint brush - hands covered in pink and yellow paints.

"That's fine..." Jimin said with a sigh and he turned to face the wooden doll. "Let's see..." He mumbled as he picked up the paint brush and spread a skin tone color paint on the face of the doll. "Couple coats should do it! Maybe we can put some make-up! What colors do you suggest?"

The little girl's face lit up and her other friend burst from behind the boxes with an o-shaped expression on her face. "I think she should have some blush. Her cheeks are really lacking."

Jimin chuckled, "Go off then, I know nothing about make-up!" The kids held a toothy grin and began powdering - or should I say, painting - up the dolls face with "make-up." Somehow, Jimin felt alright with the kids. The kids that he's been with when he was little would be horrible! Taunting him and calling him names that he would rather block out of his mind.

"Hey...who are you anyways?" One of the girls asked, putting down the paint brush. "I'm Park Jimin. I'm the festival coordinator this year." He replied with a half-ass smile.

"Ohmygod. Did we just-" The girl stuttered and looked at Jimin with wide eyes. "Yes. Yes you did." Jimin replied, smiling wider, his eyes nearly closing - typical eye-smile.

The Sea Festival was usually celebrated in late Summer to early Autumn. Humans and Merpeople would go to the beach and decorate the boats with traditional Merman flags and flowers. Merpeople lit the torches underwater with their special blue flame that was given to the people as reward, from the Sea God, for their undying loyalty. People would have a feast afterwards and would enjoy their time watching the fireworks that the humans would usually showcase.

Yoongi was the only one awake at this point. He stared up at the cloudy sky and let a out a sigh. The sound of footsteps got louder, getting closer to Yoongi. The mint-haired boy looked around for the person who was creating those loud footsteps. A shimmering green light(?) got his attention. "It mustn't be...?" He mumbled as he got of the lawn chair. "Oh, hello." A man said, appearing out the shadows like some freak. "Can't...we be friends..." Yoongi replied, his voice growing weak. "Jimin."

The orange-haired boy shrugged his shoulders. "Don't be afraid. I won't kill you."

"Hey, care to explain how the hell I was able to breathe underwater though." Yoongi asked, a bit creeped out by the siren's response.

"Love." Jimin cackled, his laughter not in the slightest creepy but more harmoniously.

"Okay." Yoongi deadpanned. "Your spell is wearing off...well, now it is."

It was true. Yoongi's Heart didn't flutter as much as before. His mind was more blank and as he sat next Jimin, looking at the sky above.

"What spell?" Jimin laughed. "There's no spell."

"Don't play with me. You and your siren tricks." Yoongi spat, a bit annoyed at Jimin's ignorance.

"Whatever you say, lover boy." Jimin said in a sarcastic tone. However deep down, he felt an underlying sadness. Did he really fall for a human? It was mainly jokes and tricks - but was it really? Were those kisses and the time spent thinking about the boy on land - was it just a joke? Jimin looked up at the sky and tried to pinpoint his reason as to why he was sitting here right now. He let out a sigh. Maybe he did fall for Yoongi. "That's bad." Jimin muttered to himself, making Yoongi look at him with a look of confusion.

"What?"
"Nothing."

"Damn, can y'all be quiet, I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP HERE." Haeju said, quietly shutting the car door and joining the other two boys that sat by the campfire. Jimin laughed at the boy and pat his lap, signaling Haeju to turn into a cat. He did so and leaped into the orange-haired boy's lap, curling into a ball and snoring softly.

"Weird...a cat-shark-human-merperson...?" Yoongi said, eyeing the Calico cat that he used to love so dearly.

"He's special." Jimin replied, smiling and petting Haeju. Yoongi smirked and said, "Yeah. He's special alright."

Y'all cute lmao.
special shark boi??

Uhm? Hiatus over(?)
I never write other stories lmao
So, my writing skills are wack :/