II

Jungkook was floating in the ocean, softly sleeping away his fear and worry. Splash. His eyes fluttered open and stared at the beautiful night sky, covered with bright stars. "Pretty..." He muttered. Jungkook sank back into the water, making himself very nervous before floating again. The younger let out a sigh, swimming around to see if he can spot any land. "Yoongi..." The boy tiredly shouted. No response. In the distance, he spots a shadowy blob with a small square of light on the far right. He tilted his head, "A house?"

The boy swam closer to the shadowy blob until he felt the sand beneath his feet. Giving up the ability to float, Jungkook trudged through the water and sand and finally arrived on land. He looked at the forest before him. "It's so dark...I can't go on like this." The younger said as he shivered from the cold air blowing on him. Mustering up his courage, Jungkook carefully went through the forest, alert of the dangers hiding within the shadows and trees. Rustle. Jungkook looked behind him. "Hello?"

There was no response. Jungkook squinted his eyes to try and make out a figure in the darkness. However, nothing seemed to be behind him. The boy's eyes slowly started to adjust to the darkness, making his vision a bit more clear as he went through the ominous forest. "Yoongi..." The younger called out.

Yoongi lie in bed, staring at the ceiling. "Mermaid..." He muttered to himself. The calico cat purred and hopped onto the bed, snuggling into Yoongi's arm. The wind blew the leaves of the palm trees, making a rustling noise. However this was calming to the older. The calico cat's ear suddenly perked up. The cat hopped down the bed and headed outside. "Hmm..?" Yoongi groaned as he got up to grab a candle, following the kitten. The kitten meowed and then started running down the hill, disappearing into the forest. "Wait!" Yoongi shouted, swiftly but carefully heading down the cliff.

Jungkook had heard a loud shout from not so far away. "Hello! Is anyone there?" Jungkook shouted, cupping his mouth with his hands to try and enhance the volume of his voice. The boy squinted his eyes again, seeing a tiny light in the distance. "O-Over here!!!" Jungkook yelled again, waving his arms, hoping the seeker would see his frantic arms. Instead, a calico cat jumped onto his chest, tackling him on the floor. "Wha-!"

Jungkook heard someone laughing at him. The giggles sounded enchanting and melodic. In confusion, the younger glanced at the thing that had attacked him. How is a cat laughing? Jungkook asked himself. He blinked his eyes and suddenly he had been transported to a cave underneath the cliff. He heard the ocean waves very clearly. "W-Was I dreaming...?" The boy said out loud; and as he got up, he saw a beautiful figure sitting on top of a rock, hair flowing in the breeze. "Yoongi...?" Jungkook asked the mysterious person. The mystery person looked back at him and the whole cave lit up. Jungkook was a bit startled, looking at the torches that lit up around him and then stared back at a pair of emerald eyes. The person was not necessarily human. It had a glistening, green-orange tail and short, electric orange hair. "Who are you...?" Jungkook asked the merman, eyes sparkling with curiosity and admiration. "My name is Jimin." The Siren replied in its seducing voice, smirking slightly. To Jungkook's surprise, the merman had spoken in Korean. "Wha- You can speak Korean?!" The human asked with enthusiasm. The fish creature smiled and nodded. "Well then, have you seen my friend? His name is Yoongi! Him and I had gotten separated by a large tsunami! Ah, I hope him and the captain are safe..." The younger rambled about. The Siren looked back at the sea and at the sky. "He is safe."

Jungkook was relieved, "Do you know where he is?" The merman smiled and placed its hand underneath the boy's chin. "I'll show you." Captured by the Siren's seduction, Jungkook showed a smile of affection and lovesickness. "Come along now, Jungkook~" Jimin teased the younger. "Okay..." Jungkook replied, mesmerized. The merman chuckled, "You're almost there..." The fish creature had been luring the innocent boy towards a large shark that lie in the shallow waters, its mouth opened wide, baring its sharp, large teeth. "You better thank me later, Hibiscus." The Siren whispered to the shark. Jungkook not hearing a word, trudged the shallow water, getting closer to the shark. "Agh. Hurry up..." Jimin mumbles, swimming in circles. Jungkook steps on a sharp shell, snapping him out of the trance. "Ouch!" The younger yelped. Before the the boy's eyes, he saw the wickedly large shark before him. "You...were tricking me!" Jungkook yelled, pointing at the Siren. Jimin scowled, "Yoongi is inside the shark dummy!"

Hibiscus the shark, flopped into the water and quickly swam for the boy. Jungkook saw the danger and quickly ran away from the shark, with a bloody foot. He winced in pain but still managed to barely escape his enemies. Sand had gotten stuck in the wound, each step made the pain worsen. The boy ran for the forest, ignoring his pain and hide behind a large boulder. Gasping for air, the boy checked his wound, wiping the sand off his foot. He had no shoes on. Didn't I have shoes on? Jungkook thought, his heart racing. All he wanted was to find Yoongi. He didn't realize that the siren was just trying to lure him into a trap.

"I...I didn't want to kill him..." The mer-boy said to himself, tears welling up in his eyes. Jimin plopped himself on the same rock in the cave that he had found Jungkook. "The boy was so...beautiful. He's so energetic and cute. Why do our kind kill such innocent people?!" Jimin said, frustration showing in his tone of voice.

Yoongi searched around for his pet cat. "Kitty...!" The older called out. The man stepped through the forest, holding his candle out, on the look out for his precious kitten. "I've...lost him." Yoongi said, teary-eyed. Meow. Yoongi jumped slightly, waving his candle light around. "Kitty...?" Yoongi whispered in a low voice. The meowing had gotten louder and louder. Yoongi stepped further and further into the forest until he reached a clear area. In the center, was a brown piano, and the calico cat sitting on the seat. "Calico..." Yoongi made up a stupid name for the cat but it didn't bother him. "What are you doing here..." Yoongi tried picked up the cat. However, something was quite strange about the place. Why was there a brown piano sitting int the middle of a forest? Yoongi didn't let his memories get to him; he took a deep breathe, holding Calico close to him. The cat had not purred, it was merely silent. "Calico?" Yoongi asked. He looked down to see that nothing was in his arms. Yoongi was confused. Hadn't he just picked up Calico? "Is this some joke? A dream?" The older muttered, looking around him. The brown piano started playing his mother's song. "You'll...always haunt me, won't you? Mom." Yoongi laughed, resisting his negative emotions. A fire lit around him, making the older step back slightly, but held an emotionless expression on his face. "Jungkook had helped me resist the urges to harm myself. Do you really want me to be with you? I miss you but I want to be with the person I love. It seems selfish, but Jungkook needs me too." Yoongi faced Death right in the eyes. The older glared at the piano, the feeling of being underwater washed over him again. Yoongi couldn't breathe but he resisted the pain.

Yoongi always had his episodes—he had been traumatized since he was a little boy; he had witnessed his mother's death. The man was always haunted by the guilt—He believed that it was his fault of his mother's death; he still thinks this way. However, Jungkook had always reassured Yoongi that it was not his fault. Yoongi was always grateful for the younger who had always been by his side during rough times.

Yoongi smiled at the thought of Jungkook's smile as his closes his eyes and gives into the darkness.

Jungkook saw a bright light. Getting up slowly, the boy headed out for the light that he had found. There was a ring of fire surrounding a mint haired boy. "Yoongi...?" Jungkook whispered.

A/N:
I feel as though that this chapter was a bit random. I will try and be more on track in the next chapter!