VI

Oh no. He didn't hear you.
That's okay, isn't it?
You're much better off with me than him.

Taehyung and Namjoon had driven to Hoseok's home which was in suburban area with lots of trees and even a public park where all the children would play. Hoseok lived his best friend, Seokjin; Hoseok was a merman but Seokjin wasn't. Their friendship story was kinda like The Little Mermaid: Hoseok ran away from the ocean to be with his best friend on land. Hoseok was lucky—usually those who rebelled were often killed before they could reach land.

Stepping on land made a merperson's tail turn into human legs. They can be out of water but after a certain period of time, they must expose their legs to salt water or else their tail will permanently be human legs and their sparkly skin would chip off like fish scales. Taehyung, Namjoon, and Hoseok had to bathe in salt water to make sure they don't lose their tail; although it might not seem that big of a deal, they love going to the sea and swimming about; losing their tail is like being stripped of the privilege to explore the sea more clearer.

"Are they going to be alright?" Namjoon said, fidgeting with his phone as he gave directions in the passenger's seat. "I hope so...Jimin wouldn't do anything too rash." Taehyung replied, turning right into Hoseok's driveway. Gathering all their belongings, the boys rang the doorbell and the door opened slowly. "Namjoon! Taehyung!" Seokjin greeted them with a bright smile. "It's nice to see you, Hyung." Namjoon greeted back, chuckling and smiling. Taehyung waved his hands and giggled. "Aish come here." Seokjin said as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung, squeezing him tightly. "Ah. It's like as if my two children just came home from a long vacation. What brings you here?" Jin asks as he lead the boys into the small yet cozy home, shutting the door behind them. "Well, we met these two boys, Jungkook and Yoongi. And...they met Jimin..." Namjoon replies, carefully taking a seat on the fluffy couch. "He tried killing them, hyung." Taehyung added, his voice low and husky.

"The kid is obsessive and stubborn. He sticks by his way only. He won't actually kill humans, but he will take them back with him." Hoseok said as he walked into the living room, his arms were crossed. "Hello, hyung." Taehyung and Namjoon say at the same time, waving at the black-haired man. Hoseok waved back with a smile and then proceeded to discuss the topic about Jimin, "He's been like that since forever. I just wish he would come with us on land. It's much more peaceful up here..." Taehyung's eyes widened, "You don't that think...he'll..." Hoseok shook his head, "I hope he doesn't." Namjoon sulked, "It's really easy but once it's done, it can never go back. That's why there's so many of us." The four sat in silence once Namjoon made that statement.

"Alright, let's unpack. I hope the boys are safe." Namjoon says to Taehyung, who nods and follows him into the guest bedroom. "You wanna play some Mario Kart?" Seokjin suggests to Hoseok who excitedly jumps around. "I call dibs on Mario!" Seokjin groans in disappointment; he wanted to play as Mario.

It was morning. The sun had risen and the tides splashed against the rocks by the beach. The clouds came out to dance and play in the sky with the sun. It seemed like a perfect day. Jungkook rose from the bed and saw that Yoongi was not laying beside him. Yoongi probably went out on the cliff, Jungkook thought and ruffled his hair to go into the bathroom to brush his teeth. He decided to call out the older's name, "Yoongi-hyung!" No response. "Hyung!" No response again. Quickly finishing up, the boy dashed out the door and looked at the spot where Yoongi would usually sit. He wasn't there. "Ah. He must've gone to the market or something. Maybe he left a note or a text message." Jungkook said to himself as he went back into the house to look for a note or text message on his phone. Switching on the electronic device, the boy saw that he had received no texts at all. This worried him but he still had to look for a note. Shuffling around in the house, the boy searched here and there but there was no note at all. Yoongi would always tell Jungkook where he was going. What happened?

Jungkook took a deep breathe and recollected his thoughts. He had no help but then he suddenly remembered that Taehyung and Namjoon exchanged phone numbers with him once they gotten off the boat. Dialing Namjoon's cell, the pink-haired boy picks up his phone, "Hello?"

"Namjoon-hyung, it's me Jungkook. Have you seen Yoongi?"
"Yoongi? I didn't see him. What happened?"
"He went off without telling me. I thought maybe he went to your house or something..."
"When did you last see him?"
"Sitting on the cliff..."
"Did he fall...?"
"No way. I mean, he would swam back up or something, right?"
"Did J-"

The call gets cut off. "Hello?" Jungkook says in a frightened tone. It appears the signal was lost. Jungkook was completely concerned. Talking to an authoritative would be good but he had no idea how to form sentences in English.

Grabbing his phone and the house keys, the boy ran out of the house, shutting the door and locking it, and went to the nearest convenience store. "H-Hello, excuse me. Have you seen my friend?" Jungkook manages to say to the cashier behind the convenience store counter. "Who is your friend?" The lady asks. "Green-Mint hair, uh shorter...than me." Jungkook tries to explain. The lady shakes her head and frowns, "I'm afraid I haven't seen your friend. If you want I can call the police to do a search, is that okay?"

Jungkook quickly nods and thanks her. The lady picks up the phone and begins to dial the police. "Hello, yes, this is Kathy Green, I'm calling for a young man saying that he lost his friend. Says he has mint hair and is probably like 5'7 or something like that."

The conversation is completely indecipherable to Jungkook but he waits patiently for the police to search for Yoongi.

Yoongi's eyes flutter open. He looks around to see that he's in some sort of cave by the water. Ruffling his wet hair, the man carefully gets up but soon realizes that his legs won't move. "Need a little help there?" A melodic voice calls out from the waters. Yoongi stunned, remained silent. Calico curls up onto Yoongi's arm, causing him to jump and fall into the water. "Aish." Yoongi mutters. He looks up at the cat that seems to be...smirking at him. Wide eyes, Yoongi backs up and accidentally bumps into a shirtless man with electric orange hair. "Ah, I'm sorry." Yoongi apologizes, turning around to see the man with shimmering skin and green tail.

"Jimin?"