Chapter 8 - The nickname

*Gabrielle's POV*

"Here, put this on" Julia said, handing me a blue mini skirt with a white tank top.

"Julia, we're going ice-skating not to the beach!" I yell at her laughing.

Julia's been suspended from our conversations for 2 weeks, but we usually only talk privately once a week. So what? She'll miss two periods of lunch talking.

At least she's still allowed to stay. At least Zoey forgives her. Sure, she was so straight forward at the meeting, but who cares? That's who she is, that's why were friends because she came to us. No matter if she did anything wrong. I owe her. She's my bestie, one who I love for helping me out...

"Elle!!!" Julia yells in my ear.

"Oh, sorry..."

"Daydreaming about your date already?" she teases.

"Not even! I was thinking about how jubilant I am your still one of us," I say defending myself...that was partly true. I just noticed she called me Elle.

"Was I daydreaming that long?"

"About a minute. Why?" she asked.

"Because you called me Elle."

"You don't like it?" she looked a little scared that she might've insulted me.

"Not even, it's just that only those at church call me that."

"Oh, do you like it though?" she says cautiously.

"I actually...um..kind of love it." I say shyly.

"Why didn't you say anything then?" she asked playfully once again.

"It's just that so many people think Elle? Really? They think it's stupid."

"Why do they call you that at church then?""

"Um....well long story short when I was about 7 years old, this guy I liked um, Alexander. Well he called me Elle by teasing me. He knew I liked him. How? Don't know, but he called me that more often knowing I liked that nickname and then others began calling me that. That's why sometimes when people call me Gabrielle, Gabby, Abrie, or whatever I don't respond so quickly. I'm used to Elle."

I said this hesitantly, pretty sure it sounded lame. Before Julia could respond, I heard a horn.  I looked out the window and sure enough there was Travis.

"You ready?" Julia asked.

"Absolutely!" I said, but if I my mind and heart were to speak it wouldn't be the same answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger! Haha! Nah I'm just joking.

Drop a Comment, vote, like whichever, but if you want to know what goes on in the date (let me tell you very dramatic) do so!!!!