Warm Welcomes

Loki stormed back to his cabin in a flurry of mean looks and twirling black leather, slamming the door violently, causing the room to shake with the angry clang of metal against metal. How dare his brother inflict such shame upon him, to be delivered to those pathetic mortals bound in shackles was a mortifying notion. How dare he take away his freedom, his power, his pride and hand him over in captivity. Loki was a king and deserved worlds better than this, he should be walking alongside his brother and being seen and valued as the gloryful power he was destined  to be. Instead he was doomed to arrive as a prisoner, someone to be ordered around and contained, someone to be controlled and looked down upon. He kicked at the metal frame of the bed breathing heavily with rage, a stray tear seared down his flushed cheek before he wiped it away in a swift movement of disapproval. He never should of let his guard down, he never should have joined this ship of imbeciles, he never should have fallen into trusting his stupid oaf of a brother.

****

A flashing torpedo of sleekly melded metal could be seen ejecting from the earth's atmosphere and flinging across space in a long smooth curve towards the bulky carrier in which the Asgardians dwell in restless anticipation. 

****

The radio crackled to life as the Avengers ship cut through the darkness of space in a wonderful flash of silver and red before slowing down and gliding effortlessly into the docking bay. "Starliner to Commodore carrier, do you copy?" the righteous voice of Captain America echoed through the intercom.

"Roger that Captain, welcome aboard." Thor chuckled. 

"You got a nice piece of alien tech here." Tony's voice interrupted "you wouldn't mind if I had I look around would you Point Break?"

"Not at all Stark. Do you think you can find your way to the control room Cap?"

"Sure thing."

Not long after their brief conversation did Natasha and Steve enter the control room, flanked by a collection of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. 

"New haircut?" Steve commented.

"I see you've copied my beard" retaliated Thor, gesturing at his face, both of them grinned at each other before their moment was cut off by Nat.

"Good to see you Thor. I'm terribly sorry about your situation here, but we're going to have to do checks on both the cargo and passengers of this ship of yours, you can't just migrate an entire foreign population onto Earth without some security."

Steve looked vaguely annoyed at Nat, but agreed with her none the less "Sorry buddy, can you do us a favor and call everyone to gather on the main deck?"

 "I certainly can." Thor proclaimed and buzzed a message through the ships intercom system "My dear Asgardians, it is required that you gather at the main deck immediately for a security check and safety briefing for your time on Midgard." Thor turned back to the conversation proud of his technological know how "Also I'll get Banner up here to show you to the cargo holds".

"Wait, Bruce is here?" Nat asked, her mask of emotionless control faltering for a second. 

"Yeah, we picked him up from Sakaar where I was captured as a gladiator by the Grand Master and-"

"I'm going to stop you there, it sounds like you've got a Hell of a lot of explaining to do" Steve interjected. 

At that a small voice sounded from the far side of the room "Nat?",  the group turned to see Bruce standing at the entrance uncomfortably.