Manipulating Time

Why is absolutely nothing working out for me today? Tony groaned in his head as he marched himself over to the seat and settled down next to Loki who raised his chin in a judgmental show of power "Looks like your stuck next to me for the next three hours, hey Lokes?" Tony said with artificial enthusiasm, nudging Loki's arm playful and earning himself a scowl.

"Peasant." Loki mumbled pushing himself further into the corner, in attempt to avoid the uncomfortable feeling of Tony's warm arm brushing against his.

"Yeah well you're not any better company, Princess, but the time's going to pass a lot slower if you leave me here with no one to talk to."

"In my opinion time tends to drag even more so when in conversation with you." And so they sat in silence as the final checks were made and the jet departed from the loading bay and into the empty darkness of space.

Tony pulled out his phone swiping aimlessly though the news, then the scans Jarvis had taken of the engine room before eventually settling on playing some mindless game in an attempt to chase away his restless boredom. He felt Loki shift beside him as his gaze slid curiously to the screen in Tony's hand, the sudden feeling of the God's attention accelerated the beating of his heart and made him feel nervous under Loki's stare causing his hands to fumble and drop the phone with a painful clunk on the merciless metal flooring. Tony grimaced and swore under his breath, bending over to retrieve his now scratched up phone, he could feel Loki smirking at him "Do I intimidate you Mr Stark?" he purred in his silky smooth voice.

"Not at all."

"Is that so?" Loki asked is flat disbelief.

"I mean you are a bit dramatic... a bit daunting even with the whole evil God illusion you got going, don't you think?" Tony confessed.

Loki internally smiled at the word daunting, he quite liked that. "Illusion? Perhaps that is my exact intention."

"Which would leave me to question who you really are."

"Which would leave you with an unanswered question."

"So, tell me about yourself." Tony ordered leaning back in his seat and turning his body towards Loki, ignoring his previous statement "I'd introduce myself but obviously you already know who I am."

"Obviously. Doesn't everyone? I'd love to see the day you met who didn't. I can already picture the wounded disbelief on your face."

"I could say the same about you Loki of Asgard."

"Asgard is no more." he snapped, his forlorn words directed sharply at Tony.

"Oh... right yeah sorry I forgot about that, sorry that was stupid of me."

"Did Tony Stark just admit his own stupidity?" Mock surprise dripped over Loki's question.

"Whoa hang on there I am not stupid." Tony stated becoming somewhat defensive "Not sure if you know this or not but I happen to be the one single handily invented pretty much all of this eras war technology, not to forget recently having taken a lead in renewable energy and-"

"It is the first sign of insanity to deny that one is insane, I believe that the same concept should apply to stupidity." Loki was enjoying this and was struggling to maintain his vacant expression, a small smile flickering on his lips.

Tony continued to rant his accomplishments "I also created artificial intelligence and one of the most complex, finite pieces of technology to exist in this day and age, not to forget it was me who-"

"Why are you still talking? Because I can thoroughly ensure you that nobody is listening and if they are then its solely due to you forcing your words onto them through the use of pure volume." Loki hissed suddenly, conscious of the attention that was being drawn their way.

Tony looked around the room not having been aware that he was raising his voice and spotted several annoyed looks directed his way, coughing awkwardly he turned back to Loki and commented sourly, forcing each word out, "I'm not stupid. I simply lack, as countless people love to remind me, some required common sense."

"If common sense is so common, how come you don't have any."

"Because I'm not common, sweetheart. In fact I'm one of a kind." He stated self-righteously.

"I suppose you're right, it really takes some skill to be to be so utterly idiotic." Loki smiled to himself at his own ability to make Tony so agitated, although insufferable he certainly provided marvelous material to generate insults with, not to forget he also retaliated with his own comebacks rather than just getting angry or dumbfounded like most of the dim witted mortals did.

"I'm going to remind you that you're the one who's unarmed and handcuffed here before you get all arrogant, you little shit."

"Oh that's where you're wrong Mr Stark, my tongue is a weapon."

"Hmm, a weapon I'd love to put to a use other than talking." This made Loki involuntarily imagine Tony kissing him, which in turn caused him to blush profoundly and Tony to chuckle lightly at his stunned expression. "Enjoying your thoughts Reindeer Games?"

"Quite the opposite." Loki growled, his mood suddenly darkening as he turned his head away from Tony and decidedly went back to ignoring the man beside him who, after a moment reverted back to tapping away at his electronic devise.

****

As they passed into their second hour of the dreary journey Loki was reaching the peak of his boredom when he felt a sudden weight fall warmly onto his shoulder, this caused his body to tense uneasily and heart skip a beat as the dozing figure of Tony Stark slumped against him. Loki considered greatly the thought of shoving him off roughly but eventually decided that this was marginally better than trying to make conversation with the fool, if he was as painful as he was at the best of times the last thing Loki wanted to do was put up with him when he was tired. He thereby concluded that no action should be taken and slowly, if not reluctantly, began to relax beside Tony whom appeared to be so peaceful in his slumbering state, his ruffled coffee coloured hair tickled Loki's neck softly and his immense warmth of body contrasted tremendously with Loki's eternal cold. A fragile moment passed before Loki jolted slightly in shock as Tony curled his hand around Loki's arm and cuddled himself further into his side, not being used to this type of physical contact Loki sat uncomfortably in a startled state, he couldn't remember the last time someone had expressed any form of affection towards him, even within the unknowing state of unconsciousness. Loki sat irritated at the situation in which he had fallen into but found himself rather enjoying Tony's deep, soft breathing against him which created a comforting, slightly hypnotising, sensation the even rising and falling of his chest becoming a reliable pattern which eased the nerves and softened even the cruellest of hearts. Although he tired his hardest to be disgusted, the weight of another body being supported against him caused a feeling of being loved and required to swell up in Loki's heart, something he had not felt in such a long time that it now felt foreign. He shifted his body towards Tony and with great caution, as not to disturb the sleeping figure, placed his head gentle upon Tony's while simultaneously leaning against the backrest of the seat. His fluffy hair which smelled of engine grease and some pleasant Midgardian fragrance served as a somewhat spikey but immensely comforting pillow as Loki inhaled deeply and let his eyes slowly drift closed.

**Authors Note**

Hi, sorry not much really happened in this chapter and I suppose it's a tad short but I hope you're all enjoying the story so far and thank you so very much for reading! I'll try to update as soon as possible although I am in the midst of studying and exams at the moment so I guess we'll see how I go... Thanks again and I hope to update soon!

cOomMeNT aND voTe