Welcome to Earth

The room roared with laughter and colour and was overall, a general over stimulation of all the senses. Glasses clinked like wind chimes over the muffled confusion of voices and low rhythm of the strange mix of overplayed party music and abstract rock which Tony seemed fond of. People and colours danced around the room in a disorientating disarray and clumped together to join conversations and watch overly animated retellings of stories.

Steve was in his best leather jacket playing pool with Sam, Bruce was wandering around in an aimless daze of awkwardness, Valkyrie was taking shots with Tony at the bar, Nat was trying her best to not look like she was avoiding Bruce while still avoiding Bruce, Thor was being loud and Loki? Well Loki was trying.

Given that staying on the Avengers good side was in Loki's best intentions he decided to at least be civil towards them and partake committedly in their celebration. Yet, although this was his objective and he tried to converse with others he almost always found himself being dragged along with Thor as he retold their adventures on Sakaar which he seemed never to tire from. "And then I was in this magnificent arena with millions watching and cheering for my demise, and as the doors to the Grandmasters champion slowly rose as did the intensity of the atmosphere and then BAM! Out comes the Hulk and I was just so glad to have found Bruce again that was until he startled pummeling me into the ground and I realized that he didn't recognize me and that I had to fight him. He was a worthy opponent but not worthy enough for the mighty Thor!" And so on and so on, again and again the story went until Loki started getting the urge to stab someone just to get Thor to shut up. Eventually, probably at just before the third retelling of the story Loki saw the opportunity and took it, duplicating himself and leaving his clone to suffer with Thor while he headed off to the bar. Unfortunately this was Tony's territory and no more than seconds after Loki had collected a cocktail had he been spotted and approached by the man himself, great I come over here for a break and I get the actual complete opposite.

"Hey princess, enjoying the party?"

"Enjoying isn't quiet the word I would use."

"Then what word would you use?"

"Tolerating." Loki paused, "Barely tolerating." He added flatly.

"Oh" Tony looked disappointed which made Loki feel bad, "Can I do anything to make it better for you?"

"No, it's just Thor. I had to clone myself to get away from him." Loki explained with a grin pointing over to where Thor was laughing loudly to a small crowd with a copy of Loki standing beside him. "He falls for it every time."

"Shit how are you doing that? And how do I even know that I'm talking to the real you?" Tony narrowed his eyes at Loki and looked around the room to see if there were any others.

"I can do a lot more than just simple illusions."

"So you're like a sorcerer or something? That's cool. Show me what else can you do."

"As you said I'm a sorcerer not a show pony Mr Stark."

"Okay then tell me what else you can do. Like are we talking reading people's minds? Time travel? Do you have a wand?"

"Well as you already know I can manipulate my appearance, I can also-"

"Wait does that include shapeshifting?"

"Yes. I can also-" Loki tried to move on not really thinking that this was his best talent.

"Can you change into anything? Wait if you changed into a dog would you be able to talk to other dogs? Can you turn into objects? Is there any logical explanation to it or is it just magic?"