Crime Fighting

**I made myself stay up until I'd finished writing this - I know I'm absolutely awful at updating but I hope you're still following the story... if so enjoy :)**

According to Jarvis, Loki was still in the building yet Tony hadn't seen him for almost a week and honestly this was getting a bit ridiculous especially since he was finding himself genuinely really missing the snarky god. Even Steve knew better not to bother him as he moped around the tower miserably. He'd refused to tell what was bothering him but Nat was quick to notice Loki's avoidance and sudden disappearances from the same rooms as Tony. She contemplated which of them she should have a word to yet couldn't decide who seemed most upset. On one hand she had Tony who was grouchy and slipping back into an unhealthy habit of drinking and whom she hadn't seen eat a decent meal or sleep since what ever happened had happened and on the other hand there was Loki who had become more bitter and sharp and disagreeable and closed off than she'd ever seen him. He'd complete lost his jeering sense of humour and turned to sneering at anyone who happened to be in his sight. Nat was honestly on high alert for him to snap at any given moment and kill the next person who tried to exist in his presence.

And so when they received the call from Fury about a team assignment and skilful utilisation of Loki's abilities Natasha put her all into trying to convince him that now way in the world was that going to work out. "Look here Romanoff, if you think I'm going some childish little grudge get in the way of countless lives and the safety of our country.. I don't know what to tell you but they can learn to grow up and deal with it."

She knew there was no swaying him, she'd have better luck getting Tony and Loki to talk to one another again. She could only be relieved that she wasn't the one that had to do the mission briefing.

****

Tony flared up upon hearing what the mission would entail and declined it strongly countless times throughout Furys attempt at speaking "No fucking way am I working with that little spoilt piece of shit." He uttered sourly.

Nat scowled at him with distaste "For gods sake Tony! Grow up." It was honestly a struggle getting him and Loki in the same room for the mission rundown but hell it was going to be impossible to convince them to actually work together.

Loki had remained quite the while while with a unpleasant scowl twisted into his expression. His face was now relaxed and blank. He sighed softly, the trace of his well known smirk playing on his lips "If you can manage to get Stark to act like a grown up then I'd be happily willing to assist."

Tony sneered at him while he simply has the audacity to look smug and calm.

Fury nodded to Loki warily and turned to staring Tony down "Tony this is to be a stealth mission and Loki is in fact the best option we have in achieving that. As for you, not only are you one of the best available to hack into the facilities system but you're also able to.. well, manage and work with Loki." he explained seriously. "You two are simple the best option we have at the moment. So for the sake of this country and the lives of the people who live in it stop pouting and get over yourself Stark."

Tony huffed angrily "Whatever."

Nat arched her perfect eyebrows "So you'll do it?"

"Yeah, fine. Whatever." He muttered, getting up to leave. Nat watch him move heavily, he still looked like shit. His eyes were dark and tiredly bloodshot and he honestly looked half asleep. She should really talk to him, with a quick glance towards Loki who was studying the files of information scattered across the meeting desk Nat scampered out of the room after Tony.