5.

Davey returned to the ship, his head swimming with thoughts and his heart hammering in his chest.

What was Crutchie? Was he a mermaid? Sure seemed like it. Was it a trick of the light? Maybe.

Did Jack know? Did the rest of the crew know? why had Davey stayed while Crutchie got undressed, what monster didn't offer someone privacy like that? 

Davey's cheeks flushed red, he'd just perved on the first mate. 

"Davey" 

Davey's cheeks went redder at Crutchie's voice, the blond appearing before him before Davey could have squeaked out a single word, Green eyes not angry but not the happiest, almost confused. 

"Can I talk to ya?" 

"S-Sure" 

Crutchie lead Davey off to a room beside Jacks, full of clutter and a crutch against the wall, The blond shut the door and looked up at Davey. 

"I know ya watched me" 

Davey flushed again, stammering "I-I'm so so sorry...sir?" 

"Crutchie, I don't play that sir stuff"

"Crutchie, right, I'm so so sorry, I don't know why I didn't walk away" 

Crutchie stared at Davey, the door opened and Jack walked in followed by a woman with flaming red hair in a purple dress and by that short man with the red shirt. 

"Problem here?" Jack asked, quirking an eyebrow,

Crutchie and Davey looked at each other before Crutchie shook his head, 

"Nah, no problem"

Davey just stared in slight disbelief before Jack gestured to the woman, 

"This is Kathrine, she and Spot are joinin' us" 

"Joy" Davey mumbled, heading back to his cell below deck, Crutchie grabbed his shoulder, 

"You's can sleep with me in my cabin" 

"I-"

"Davey if you argue I'll cut your ear off" 

".......Thank you".