𝖎. 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖘𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊

THE SURVIVOR!
new spark of hope.

THE SURVIVOR!new spark of hope

MARG!

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐒 were running for their life toward what they had previously identified as the exit from the Maze. All that Margaret could hear were the sound of her friends' boots against the concrete and the mechanic noise coming from the grievers that were right behind them.

They'd lost six people so far, ever since they decided to leave the Maze altogether, some had been eaten by the monsters while others perished trying and succeeding in saving some of their lives. She noticed that the remaining five young teens had reached the big metallic door on which side stood a circular panel for them to enter the code that would have given them the chance to finally leave the place. She was too focused on what was happening ahead and making sure no one else would have died today to hear the gruesome noise coming from behind her.

"Marg! Behind you!" Her attention went from Levi, the boy she considered as a brother, someone she'd die for, to whatever he had just mentioned just to come face to face with one of the wicked things she'd spent three years fighting against.

"Get the sequence going! Do not dare to come here, I've got it under control!" They were all used to the teen barking orders as she was their leaders and knew fully well that disobeying one of them wouldn't go down well, therefore they all started to work on what was still keeping them locked in that massive cage.

The fiery redhead's eyes were focused on the monster in front of her, one of those who must have killed one of the Survivors as blood was dripping from one of its mechanic arms. She twirled the last big spear that she had left in her hands before sprinting in the griever's direction with a determined expression etched on her face. The monster was taken by surprise as, instead of attacking it heads first she plunged the end of the spear on the ground and sent herself up in the air landing on her two feet on top of the monster's back.

The creature started emitting weird noises, trashing its legs around to wound the already wounded girl when she finally spoke again, this time to the killer monster itself.

A loud battle cry left the girl's mouth and soon after the spear she was holding in her hands was thrusted inside the monster hitting one of the few open spots many of them had on their backs. The weapon went through the creature causing it to let out a loud screeching sound before thumping on the ground with Margaret still on its back. The girl didn't flinch, she was still standing up on the dead monster's body while extracting the spear she had just used against it from his body, a green substance coating each part that had pierced its skin. Her face didn't show any sign of fear or hesitance, her piercing stare was directed toward the dead griever, a look that, if possible, would have killed by itself.