𝖎𝖝. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍

THE SURVIVOR!
the truth.

THE SURVIVOR!the truth

NEWT!

   𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐙𝐄𝐃 while staring at the red-head as her sentence kept on repeating in his brain on a loop. 'His name is Gally, his name is Gally, his name is Gally.'  Gally. The boy who he had spent years in the Maze with. Gally, the boy who seemed to hate Thomas and Teresa more than anything under the sun. Gally, the boy Minho had killed.

He must have found himself frozen in place for a few minutes as he noticed Marg's mouth moving, yet he couldn't hear anything the girl was telling him. The pain of a pinch on his right arm caused him to jump out of his trance and brought him back to reality.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Margaret voice was calm, yet he could tell she was doing her best to control herself. If it was anyone else, Newt would have lied, he would have found a way out of the situation, but the girl in front of him was the same who had managed to make him feel like he could fly a thousand miles high in the sky without getting burnt by the scorching sun. "Newt, what is it?" And he was right, the red-head could see through everybody, her instincts never failed her so far and he had no choice but to hope for the best, knowing fully well that whatever came next wouldn't have been pretty.

Newt took a deep breath before redirecting his attention to the endless desert in front of them. Once he had gathered enough courage he exhaled loudly.

"Our Glade was a boys-only one; in all the years I spent inside that place we never had any girl sent up, yet there were still fights here and there. There was a boy there, one that a few could actually get along with, he was the Keeper of the Builders, being the best one when it came to building whatever we needed to live and survive."

He briefly closed his eyes remembering a heated discussion between Nick and Gally as the former had requested another cot around dawn, causing the latter to lose it as he'd been working almost on his own the whole entire day as two other Builders were sick. "The guy was so hot-headed, had a really short fuse and no one wanted to be near him when he lost it, yet we all managed to live quite peacefully for years."

Another flash of a very angry Gally, who had failed to become a Runner, caused Newt to smile as he had slammed the door of the Homestead so hard the whole building rattled and everyone feared it would have fallen apart. "Then one day Thomas showed up, the new Greenie. Thomas was different from the others, more inquisitive and curious and bent a very important rule, one that the boy thought would have brought severe consequences on all of us. Thomas became a Runner, regardless of the boy's protests as he didn't trust him as, after we had spent so many years looking for a way out, Thomas seemed to have found more clues than any of us in a short period of time. When Teresa arrived, the boy became extremely paranoid, not trusting her in the slightest and soon enough things started to change in the Glade, things that led a group of us to attempt to escape the place, while the boy decided to remain behind with a small group of other people."