𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘

THE SURVIVOR!
trusting and memories.

MARG!

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 until they noticed a pile of scraps that would have guaranteed a place for them to rest for the night. Once everyone had set their things down, Marg proceeded with lighting a fire they could sit around before grabbing something else they could all eat from her backpack.

Night had fallen quickly and, soon enough, the fire was their only source of light as the flames danced around casting shadows behind each one of them. Her and Thomas had worked out a small schedule in order to always have two people on guard throughout the night, the first shift being assigned to her and Newt by the brunette himself.

Aris added another piece of wood to the fire before taking a seat between Margaret and Frypan. She threw her best friend a quick glance to check that he was feeling better after what happened earlier in the day and received a smile followed by a nod in return, almost as if they could read each other's minds.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho's statement broke the silence, forcing Marg to stop shuffling her pocket knife in her hands to calm her nerves.

"Not all of us, I guess." Teresa replied in a very calm way causing Marg's head to flip around and for her eyes to focus on the girl that was laying on the ground. The brunette girl looked at the redhead who was now throwing silent daggers at her as she was sure that the girl from Group A knew more than what she had previously said.

"I wonder how you know this." Margaret seethed loud enough for her to hear causing the brunette to immediately shift her gaze toward the fire.

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume so could the rest of us." Newt stated as a matter of fact.

"I never thought I'd say it." It was Frypan to break the silence after a few minutes. "I miss the Glade."

Nobody dared to speak another word until they all fell asleep, all but Margaret and Newt. The former had already grabbed a small bottle of water and her axe and positioned herself not too far away from the group of sleeping teens, but not too close to wake them up either.

The sound of footsteps caused the redhead to grab the handle of her axe and straighten her body, ready to attack whatever creature was nearing her, only to drop the weapon once Newt took a seat next to her nodding at the object she had just thrown on the sand.