Chapter 2

Its been ten years since I've seen mom and grandma... Laying on my bed, I slowly open my eyes. My eyes were adjusted to the dark room. Slowly raising my exhausted body to set up straight, looking across the room. A flickering yellow light coming from the peeping hole was then hitting my eyes. "Morning already? Well time to go hunting."

     Gathering my weapons and clothes as I walk out, closing the door behind me. The sun hitting my face with it hits bright yellow light. "Ugh..." Blocking my eyes for shade with my tan hand, glaring around. My eyes slowly adjusting to the bright light. Same as it always is. Mountains of garbage and brown cloudy sky. But this time was different, not only those two but this time. There was something different, these thick, tall, silver, metal cans that  formed in a large circle.

     Looking around me from far distances, I see other humans crawling and others standing. Some of their clothes were worn out and some were wearing parts of animal fur they scraped off from. Holding their weapons just like me. They all had the same curiosity as me, wondering what the tin cans are for.

     White lights shooting out of the cans along with blue lights curling around them. What is this technology? And these lights, they're so beautiful. The sky turning more gray and dark, as the lights meet one another high in the air. After they connected to one another. A gigantic  projection an elder woman appeared.

     Her skin was a bit wrinkled and white, her eyes were shiny blue. There was a pleasant smile on her face. Her hair and clothes looked very professional as if she was worked in one of the higher classes. In the background, reminded me of home before I forced to leave.

     "Hello" she said. "Today I am here to remind you, all preteens, teenagers, and young adults. Ages eleven through eighteen. Will be eliminated if they haven't found their mate in two weeks."

     My brown eyes grew wide in shock when I heard those words. Same with everyone else. Then she continued her speech.

     "As you all know, your generation has gotten older. You should have been finished searching for your beloved partner already." Her smile dropped, "now..." she said. "If you want to live? Then love. Kill one another if you have to."

     She smiled again. "But please do remember to follow the rules:

Never give away your first and last name. Always use your middle name.

Don't rip out your partners heart and steal it or we'll have you eliminated.

Secretly crossing paths to the next world with more or less than two people will be dropped to death.

Traveling with someone other than your mate to other places with be sent to death.

Only creatures and other species can make you fall for them by force, no one else.

     So please. Just follow these simple rules and there will be no problem. And please remember, you have two weeks to find a partner And get out this dimension, so we can put the next generation in. And if you're still here, you will all be eliminated. So get going, the clock is ticking. TICK-TOCK." Moving her index finger side to side.