Chapter 5

"Backoff!" Raising my voice. "Trust me" he whispered. "Duck, duck now!"

 He ran toward me pointing the spear at me. I ducked quickly, while kneeling for at least three seconds. A red, liquid, drop of blood falls on my long, wavy, black hair. Sinking in, touching the back of my neck. I slowly opened my eyes tilting my head up. The spear stabbed the other man that happened to be the one who chased me back at home. I got out from the two guys, looking at them kinda made my body shake from seeing something so graphic like that. The dark brown haired boy used his worn out shoe to push the stabbed body from the spear. "Go hide" he whispered, facing the opposite direction still eyeing the body.

I didn't wanna trust him but I had to. If he meant what he said earlier, then I knew I had to listen. I ran into a close small abandoned building with a long wooden box that's attached to the the walls. And closed them behind me quietly.(counter)

****

It's been a long time since I've been hiding. Should I check? Or should I just stay here until he says it's okay? Momments later, heavy foot steps were coming in. Each step the person or something took, it made the wooden floor squeak. It was breathing heaving,it was getting closer after every breath it took. My palms had a tight grip on each other on my lap. Under the small door I hid behind, had a thin opening of light. I was able to see the shadow, but I didn't know who's shadow that was.

Creak Creak... My heart skipped a beat as I heard the door knob turn slowly. Oh God what's gonna happen next? After the door knob stopped. It opened slowly, making a long creaky noise. As the door opened, I was on my own in this fight. I let the thing stare at me for a second, right when it was about to scratch my face and bite me. That's when I got the timing right and jabbed my wooden stake into its stomach.

The goblins glowing eyes widen with a cry, along with its blood pouring out of its mouth. I pulled my stake back out, the goblin fell to it's kneels, falling forward on its face.

The boy came running in, staring at the goblin, then me. "Sorry I didn't come to save you in time, you okay?" "Uh... Ya." I said nodding. "Okay, come on. We don't have enough time, let's go." "Wait, where?" "No time to explain" he said. "I'll tell you later."

As we both ran across outside together. I though to myself, why do I trust him so much? I've only known him for half a day. While running he turned his head to me lowering his voice. "See that old shack we're running to, we have to hide there for awhile. We're still being watched by those guys. Apparently there was more of them than I thought." I look at him. "Fine, okay. But your telling me who the hell you are." "Deal" he replied.