Chapter 4 (Jonah)(Edited)

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⁠⁠⁠⁠

Jonah:

I'm going to explain this now and you're going to understand it later. I didn't like her. Not because she did something wrong (she stayed with her people and I stayed with mine), but because there was something off about her. She was new. She was tall. She had dark skin and braids. She looked athletic, but as soon as she opened her mouth in class, I realized she was a bit of a shut-in. None of that concerned me.

It was the day that mother had dragged me to her house that was in my mind. When I stepped foot on their porch, I knew something was wrong. There was this rising wave of...dread, fear, sadness...that I'd never felt before. I wanted to, if it makes sense at all, turn and run for the fucking hills. The feeling grew when she looked me in the eyes. She had pretty eyes (don't think I'm calling her ugly. She's not, by any means), the dark kind that eat up everything and knocks a poor man on his ass. And despite that, I still didn't like her.

When I looked at her next it was in class, and she was leaning toward redhead, glancing at me, laughing with an easy smile sliding onto her face.

I had a few questions that I wanted answered about her and that was it. If that makes sense. I know it doesn't. But that's exactly how it was.