Chapter 26

Author's note: Sorry for the long amount of time with no updates. I need a break, but I'm back with some more writing. 

I woke up clutching my pillow, dry tear streaks decorating my cheeks. I showered, washing away the remnants of my nightmares. I emerged from my room in a knit sweater and dark blue jeans. I let my twisted hair down, letting it fall to just above my shoulders. He sat in the kitchen talking to his mother in a white shirt and black sweats. My eyes drifted to the outline of his muscles under the shirt. He's scarily fit, I have to admit. But then again, when you're slated to take over a werewolf pack large, I suppose you have to be.

"Enjoying the view?" He turned to look at me, pausing his conversation with his mother. I came out of the doorway.

"No, just thinking." I sat a stool over from him. He frowned and shifted down one.

"I heard you crying last night," he whispers. "Are you okay."

The Luna hands me a plate of food. I nod in thanks. "I'm fine."

He put his hand on my shoulder and my skin begins to tingle. "I'm open to talk, remember that."

I take a bite of the blueberry pancakes. They have servants to do this for them, but his mother liked making breakfast. And she was good at it too. "I know."

He sighed. "Are we back to this now."

"I just don't want to talk about it. That's not your fault." My nightmare had been about my parents killing me. It's not something I walk to think about again. I pushed my plate away half eaten.

"Thank you, Luna, but I'm full."

She pushed it right back. "Eat. The full moon is coming in three days and you need to be strong."

"Really, I can't eat anymore."

She smiled at me happily, bright and cheery. "Well, that's too bad because you're not leaving until you finish." I open my mouth to protest when she drops her canines. Even when threatening me, she was still happy.

Jonah started to slide the plate his way. "I'll eat it-"

She put her hand on his arm. "No, Imani is going to finish eating her meal. She needs to be strong for her second shift and for every shift until she learns to master it."

"Mom-"

"No Jonah." She slid the plate in front of me again. "Eat Imani." I picked up the fork and finished what was on my plate, eating until my stomach was full to bursting. I set my fork down, putting a hand on my stomach. "That wasn't that hard."

I yawned, the feeling of fullness making me sleepy, combined with the fact I woke up crying in the night. "Do you still want to go on that tour?" She asked.

"I don't maybe I should go back to sleep...."

"No, we should go."

"Really you should," his mother said. "The Pack is excited to meet you."

"I'm not sure I can. I feel like a beached whale," I laughed and stood. "I'm a little excited, to be honest. I've been in this house for too long." Jonah shared a glance with his mother.

"Yeah, go get your coat. I need to talk to my mom for a second."

"Okay, but hurry up. I'm tired of waiting." I felt unusually light. Words poured off my tongue unrestrained. If I felt it, I said it and it was a good feeling. There was an added boost in my step as I went to get my coat. Today was going to be a good day.

**********************************************************************

Jonah's POV

I watched her leave, before snapping my head to the side to look at my mom. "Mom, what did you do?"