11

Naruto stood next to Sarutobi Hiruzen, his fox mask secured on his face. He stood amoungst the shadows. His role today would be to ensure Sarutobi Hiruzen's saftey, as there had been much unease throught the village.

Naruto's blue eyes gazed out over the fights, they were all performing exceptionally well but only two at most would be promoted to Chunin. The ANBU commander felt his shoulder's tense slightly as Sasuke's Chidori broke through Gaara's ultimate defense.

As white feather's began to fall from the sky, the blonde Uzumaki found himself standing outside of a purple barrier. He stared wide-eyed behind his mask as he village leader took on one of his student's, he wanted to help, but he had a job to do.

Turning, Naruto lept into the arena stadium, sending chakra to his ANBU tattoo he waited as his subordinate's fell in. He stopped the chakra flow and re-directed it to his throat so he could inhance the volume of his voice.

"All ANBU squadrons 1-6 your duty is to ensure the villagers safe evacuation, dismissed!" About a third of the maskes ninja's jumped away with a quick 'Hai'. "ANBU Squad 7-9, get up there with Ibiki, be prepared to give back up in case that barrier falls!" Nine ANBU jumped away after nodding, they landed beside Ibiki.

"The rest of you!" He paused and moved his mask so it showed half of his face, blood red pupils with a black slit in the middle, more defined whisker marks and sharper fangs. "Show them what Konoha is made of, give 'em hell." The remaining ANBU left with eager 'Hai's', all that was left was Kakashi and Gai who were busy fighing off sound and sand ninja while protecting Sakura, Shikamaru, Ayako, and a small dog.

"Hatake! Maito! Here, now!" Immediately, the two had surrounded the Genin in Kage Bunshin's as they kneeled before their superior officer. "Kakashi, send those kids after Gaara and Sasuke! Cover them till they're a safe distance, then come back and assist Gai and I."

The silver haired ninja looked slightly uneasy as he asked his question. "What will you and Gai be doing, Taichou?" He flinched as those crimson eyes met his, he could literally feel the anger that ripped through the Commander's body.

"Pest control." The Jinchūriki answered, recieving a 'Hai' in return as all three lept into action. Gai using his Taijutsu to cover Kakashi as Kakashi cover the Genins. Once they were safe, all hell broke loose.

Kakashi was using jutsu after jutsu, completely obliterating any enemy he came across. Gai was breaking bones, and spilling blood as he used a Kunai-Taijutsu mix on his enemies. While Naruto cut down each and every enemy nin that got in his way, his Katana had not been such a red shade since he allowed Itachi to use it.

Soon enough, the barrier had fallen and Orochimaru escaped with his four subordinates. The stationed ANBU surged forward and discovered their leader's death. Gaara was dealt with by Ayako, using some sort of technique that opened the red-head's eyes.

Naruto would not admit it, but everyone knew, the blonde was crying behind his mask as he slaughtered ninja after ninja.

°•°•

He stood in a tree, dressed in all black and leaning agianst the trunk. His blonde hair now paler then usual dampened by the rain. They had just completed the Third Hokage's funeral, and the no-one had found him yet.

So, he stood staring at the four graves in front of him. One for Hashirama, one for Tobirama, one for Minato(his father), and one for Hiruzen. This was know as the Hokage's graveyard.

Only seven graves lay here, Senju Hashirama's, Senju-Uzumaki Mito's, Senju Tobirama's, Sarutobi Hiruzen's, Sarutobi Biwako's, Namikaze Minato's, and Namikaze-Uzumaki Kushina's.

Naruto clenched his fist around the Kunai he held in his hand, never in his fifteen years of living did he think that he would feel like this. The day before the funeral, the blonde was approached by the Council, and given an offer.

*Flashback*

"Kitsune-Sama, a moment of your time, if you would?" Koharu asked as three elder's approached the mask male, he stood in the Hokage tower. Turning his sharp gaze on the three he nodded and followed them to the council meeting room.

"Please, remove your mask." Doing as told the blonde removed his mask, showing his blue eyes and faded whisker marks. His cold gaze caused the three before him to flinch slightly.

"You wish to speak with me, Koharu-San, Homura-san, and Danzo-San?" He asked in a polite tone.

"Yes, we do Naruto-Sama, we know you are quite young to be offered this, but would you consider taking the position as Hokage?" Homura asked the Uzumaki ANBU Commander whose eyes widened so much they thought they would pop right out of his head.

"I.... give me a while to think it over, please." He bowed, eyes contemplating what he should do.

Be Hokage, or.....

*Flashback End*

His now duller eye's flickered back to the gravestones he had been staring at for the past few hours. What should he do?

Was he really qualified to be Hokage? What would the village think? Would they approve of such a young leader?

He already knew he had the Shinobi's respect. He should have the civilian's as well, what with all the help he provided in their evacuation by sparing his ANBU squads.

Was he really ready to give his Commander position up? He never even got to be a full Sensei.

The blonde buried his head in his hands as the questions and thoughts overwhelmed him. He suddenly tensed as he felt a hand stroke his hair, looking up, all it took was to see that long mint hair before he had wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in her chest as he started to cry.

Ayako allowed him to cry, she stroked his blonde locks as her other hand rubbed his back. No matter what happened, she would be there for him.

°•°•

Okay!! So how'd you like it?

Question!!

Should I have Naruto accept the Hokage position?

Bye for now my lovelies!! I will be uploading a new story, not a FF, called Breaking Sara it is a modern based story. So check it out please!!

Also!! Big news! I have entered the 2018 Watty Awards! Please wish me luck!

Till next time my Fantabulous Panda's!

~Yakkaina