12 (Part 1)

The trip could be considered awkward in a sense, Naruto was quiet as usual, Shikaku just really couldn't fathom what it was that compelled the blonde to take the position of Hokage and suddenly order Tsunade's return.

Many thoughts were running through each of the shinobi's head's as they travled. Naruto was completely out of it and only seemed to work on auto-pilot. During the whole meeting he was quiet and spaced out, that was untill,

"Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze." The Fire Daimyo suddenly spoke, snapping the blonde's attention to the eldered man who fanned himself.

"Yes?" He asked polietly, his azure eyes now brighter than before, signifying that he was indeed actually there and present.

"Do you, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, pledge to serve your village with honor, protect it-even at the cost of your own life-, show love and fairness to all your people?" The man spoke once more, his glazed eyes now sharp as they proceeded with the ceremony.

All attention vexed back to Naruto, the blonde was standing now, his azure eyes hardened in determination as he bowed. "I do, I swear on my life and loyalty as a Leaf ninja. Konoha will be in safe hands." He promised, voice steeled with unbreaking resolve-in which Shikaku had to applaude the boy for.

"Very well." The Daimyo paused to set his fan down and stood to adress the new Hokage. "Then, by the power vested in me as the Fire Diamyo, I pronounce you, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, the Godaime Hokage of the Leaf Village."

Nauto bowed once more, before striaghtning and holding a tanned hand out to shake. The Daimyo gracioucly accepted.

°•°•

So, this chapter has to be cut short, I will be taking a break from this book as I really want to catch RuSuKu up to this story.

It won't take to long, I hope.

But till then! Enjoy this teaser!.